Since its inception in 1999, ExportGA has helped over 150 companies sell in excess of $40 million all over the world. The program has been nationally recognized for its quality and effectiveness by the North American Small Business International Trade Educators (NASBITE) and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
ExportGA 2015 is an intensive three-month export-training program which allows export-ready companies to develop their skills through a series of five workshops on export methodology. By utilizing these skills throughout the program, new international sales opportunities are identified.
Companies accepted into the program will become skilled at finding profitable export markets, developing distribution channels, understanding foreign and U.S. regulatory issues, pricing and costing company products, submitting international quotations, processing accounts receivable and recognizing legal and cultural considerations. Additional one-on-one counseling will be provided by a team of trade experts from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Georgia Department of Economic Development, and the University of Georgia throughout the program. Each participating company is assigned an international business student from the University of Georgia to help them with their research./
- Researching / Identifying your best potential markets
- Key factors in prioritizing markets
- Export process facilitation tools
- Market entry strategies
- Finding and qualifying international business partners
- Meeting international standards
- Free trade agreements: Does your product qualify?
- International commercial terms (INCOTERMS)
- International costing & pricing your product
- Payment terms and risk mitigation
- Preparing international quotations
- Writing your export marketing agreement
- How to generate business at international trade shows
- Website design for the global marketplace
- Value added tax – Money on the table
- Legal aspects of exporting
- Export credit insurance
- Financing options tailored for international trade
- Foreign exchange
$650 per company – includes:
- Multiple employees from your company
- Your own international business intern
- Support team of trade professionals
- Original $950 price reduced to $650 through UPS scholarship
- Program focus: generating new sales while learning
No upcoming courses are on the horizon
Click the button below to add your name to the waiting list. As soon as this course comes available again, you will be contacted by your location UGA SBDC office.
Export GA is an exceptional resource for Georgia businesses who are interested in developing the international sales. From the training of how to analyze and target the most profitable markets, to the actual process of transporting products oversea, to understanding all the legal aspects of managing international sales, ExportGA surpassed all my expectations. The depth of knowledge and resources my company obtained through this program will be fruitful for us for many years to come.
Jennifer Barrett,General Manager, Georgia Hydraulic Int’l, Inc.
ExportGA provides an excellent opportunity for small companies to make real progress towards entering and maintaining a presence in international markets. The partnerships among the participating agencies leading the program are seamless to class participants. The expert assistance, knowledge and guidance provided through the ExportGA program is typically out of reach of most companies. What we gained from attending this program, and the ongoing support provided by the participating agencies, will continue to strengthen our position in the international marketplace.
Janice Roberts,Shot King, LLC
ExportGA has been the best consulting value in the world! I got company-specific coaching by an extensive team of exporting professionals truly dedicated to helping me identify and secure profitable international sales.
Michael Welch,Director SRO Marketing, Aquilex Corp.
This program was the most valuable training that I have been involved in for years. The practical knowledge concerning the nuts-and-bolts of exporting was effectively presented. We have established relationships that I am sure will be even more important to our company as we continue to expand our international sales efforts.
Gary Majestic,General Manager, Commercial Fluid Power
Brought to you by: