Get to know the Georgia SBDC Consultants and how we help Small Businesses expand Georgia’s economy every day!
The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a statewide provider of management consulting and training for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. As part of a nationwide network of SBDC programs, the SBDC in Georgia has offices in 17 locations across the state. With graduate business educations and backgrounds in many different fields our consultants help owners analyze all aspects of their business to identify areas for management improvement and business growth. Successful candidates must enjoy not only working with a wide variety of business types and issues, but derive satisfaction from helping others increase their opportunities for success. As a part of the University of Georgia's public service and outreach program, and in collaboration with other units of the University System of Georgia, the SBDC offers qualified individuals the opportunity to engage in fulfilling business and economic development efforts while helping grow the next generation of successful entrepreneurs. The Georgia SBDC is viewed as one of the best programs of its type in the country and is accredited by the national Association of SBDCs and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
If you have questions about any SBDC employment opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch this video to hear what SBDC Business Consultants have to say about working at the Georgia SBDC (8 min)
Valdosta State University SBDC
The Small Business Development Center Area Director is a public service position responsible for providing center management as well as one-on-one business consulting and group business training to new and existing small businesses in Lowndes and nine other surrounding counties.
Some of the position’s responsibilities include:
1) analyze situations, make recommendations and educate clients with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management and legal structures;
2) direct clients to other appropriate sources of business information and assistance;
3) develop and deliver business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community served;
4) perform administrative responsibilities as assigned including documenting activities, direct office operation to ensure client service and timely response to client inquiries, manage budgets and ensure contract compliance;
5) serve as an advocate of business development, expansion and retention in the area; and
6) work collaboratively with private sector businesses and other economic development assistance units of the University System and other units of State Government to further the economic well-being of Georgia’s citizens. Reliable transportation is required for significant inter-county travel.
Master’s degree in Business or related field; five or more years of related experience; effective communication (verbal and written) organizational, and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment.
$67,184 (10% or above may be considered for exceptional training/experience)
Online application closing October 28, 2014
All applications for employment must be submitted exactly as specified in the announcement document.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.