The position of Administrative Associate I is the first point of contact for the public. This person answers inquiries regarding the services that are available and directs individuals to the appropriate training or technical assistance provider and provides information regarding other resources available. This position provides administrative and program assistance for the UGA SBDC in Albany.
Join an environment that has been named by Georgia Trend as a “Best Place to Work”. Our team consist of a well-respected and collaborative group of professionals committed to using their areas of expertise to enhance the economic well-being of the small business community.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for telephone, email, web and walk-in inquiries.
- Maintain administrative, financial, and CE Files to UGA and SBA standards.
- Provide clerical and administrative support by maintaining local office’s training process, including collecting fees, creating CE handout packages and closing out files.
- Maintain financial files by requesting P-Card pre-approvals, purchasing items, and sending p-card reconciliation paperwork to the state business office.
- Market SBDC services and programs via email and Facebook.
- Create Mailchimp newsletters. Find, schedule and post relevant business information to including upcoming events and workshops.
- Create promotional materials for upcoming training courses using provided branding standards and templates.
What You Will Need to Qualify:
- Skilled in the use and operation of computer software systems, including: Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, able to design, develop, and organize office functions into an effective and efficient operating system.
- Ability to use independent judgment.
- Effectively deal with the public, possessing strong oral and written communications skills and professional demeanor.
- Proficient in business writing, grammar, and business etiquette.
- Detail-oriented and self-starter.
- Familiarity with social media.