The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center seeks a skilled administrative professional for its State Office.
If you are looking for a career that will enable you to engage in business development efforts while helping grow your community’s next generation of successful entrepreneurs, you might enjoy working at the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (UGA SBDC). Our business consultants work with a wide variety of businesses, helping owners overcome challenges and pursue their goals of growth and profitability.
The position’s starting salary is $35,000 and includes a generous benefits package (health, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.) and two retirement plan options. The University of Georgia contributes to retirement plans at different rates according to the plan selected (defined contribution plan – ORP 9.24% | defined benefits package – TRS 16.81%). For more information about our benefits, click here.
This position provides administrative support to the state office. The person in this position will work independently with a high level of initiative and can deal with unanticipated events. Responsibilities include assisting with collection of data and information for various University and SBA reporting; purchasing functions, maintenance of administrative records and promotional resources. Also provides assistance with human resource processes related to the posting and appointment of classified and faculty positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information regarding organization policies, procedures and services. Interprets rules, policies and regulations for management and support staff. Helps greet visitors and provides phone coverage.
- Prepares, proofreads and edits complex, technical and confidential reports and correspondence. Plans for and assures timely reporting of information. Assists in providing the U.S. Small Business Administration with accurate and timely semi-annual and annual reports on the activities of the SBDC
- Assist with faculty and staff position postings, advertising and interview schedules. Gathers and prepares information required for University approval of candidates. Maintains records and assures compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Assist with the issuing of faculty contracts, preparation and submission of faculty promotion dossiers, the annual renewal of contract center contracts and other critical SBDC agreements.
- Assist in the collection and evaluation of data and reports to assess trends in local office and organizational goal achievement, effectiveness and impact.
- Assist in maintaining SBDC Policies and Procedures on SharePoint, making sure that all relevant UGA and USG policies are identified, and current links provided.
- Assist in maintaining relationships and coordination with UGA Innovation District activities and facilities. Supports other efforts to enhance SBDC interaction with entrepreneur development activities with academic departments and other entities on campus.
Requires are least a high school diploma or equivalent. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.
How to Apply
Use the button below to apply on the University of Georgia website directly.
Letter of Application Prompt
The cover letter should address the following: Our employees say empathy — an understanding of and service to others — is important in their role at the SBDC. In your letter, please describe instances where empathy is evidenced in your work or elsewhere and discuss why you are interested in supporting the mission and culture of our organization.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.