Consultants & Staff
Anne Chaplin serves as a Program Coordinator for the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center in Albany Georgia. She attended Darton State College and received her AA in Dance and then received her BS in Public Policy from Georgia State University. Previously, she was the Social Media & Volunteer-Intern Coordinator for the nonprofit Girl Talk, Inc. She also worked with Albany State University as an Admissions Recruiter. These experiences brought her unique opportunities to sharpen her skills with event planning, marketing, and public speaking.
Anne looks forward to experiences small business grow within the Southwest Georgia area.
- A.A. in Dance, Darton State College
- B.S. in Public Policy, Georgia State University
- Girls Talk, Inc. (Social Media and Volunteer/Intern Coordinator)
- Albany State University (Admissions Recruiter)
Phone: (229) 420-1144
Rob Martin is a business consultant in the Albany office. Previously, he worked for multiple large corporations and brings with him a rich background of leadership experiences ranging from manufacturing, sales and distribution to hospitality, culinary and operations management. He is recognized as a leader that loves to grow business and people to help them reach their full potential.
These previous experiences have equipped Rob with the ability to educate clients through a multitude of challenges and strategic changes needed in today’s marketplace. His areas of expertise include marketing, retail strategy, financial forecasting, human resources and strategic planning. One of Rob’s major forte’s is the ability to help educate leaders and teams on how to “connect the dots” using innovation and communication.
- B.B.A., Marketing, Georgia Southwestern University
- M.B.A., Human Resources, Georgia Southwestern University
- Account Manager, Applied Industrial Technologies, Albany, GA
- Director of Hospitality & Executive Chef, Sherwood Baptist Church, Albany, GA
- Operations Manager and Account Sales, Motion Industries (Industrial Division of Genuine Parts Company) National and International appointments.
- Opened 2 satellite branches for Motion Industries – procured land, assisted in designing and building facilities, hired staff, marketed business and forecasted operations.
- Took one business from $10,000 in annual sales to over $15,000 in monthly sales in less than 12 months still in operation today.
- Opened a successful Coffee Shop and Café still in operation today.
- Awarded Outstanding Marketing Student of the Year by the Atlanta chapter of the American Marketing Association.
Phone: (229) 420-1144
Heather Sharpe serves as a Business Consultant for the University Of Georgia Small Business Development Center in Albany, Georgia. She attended Darton College before going on to earn a B.A in Communication Studies from Clemson University and a M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communication from Florida State University. Prior to joining the SBDC, Heather served in the Marketing Department at Albany Mall where she coordinated special events and social media, as well as worked with merchants to grow their businesses. She has also served as a Program Director at the Albany Area YMCA, where she developed and managed both seasonal and year-round programs.
Heather is an active member of the Junior League of Albany, GA., Inc., where she has served in a variety of leadership roles, including Financial Council Chair, Nominating & Placement Chair, and President. She is currently serving on the Albany Technical College Marketing Program Advisory Committee and the Georgia Agritourism Association Board of Directors. Her interests include marketing strategy, customer service, event planning and management, agritourism, and digital marketing tactics.
- MS, FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, 2012 (Integrated Marketing Communication)
- BA, CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, 2004 (Communication Studies)
- BA, DARTON COLLEGE, 2002 (Speech and Communication Studies)
- ALBANY MALL (Marketing)
- ALBANY AREA YMCA (Program Director)
- President-Elect, Junior League of Albany, GA Inc.
- Marketing Advisory Committee, Albany Technical College
Phone: (229) 420-1144
- 21 Oct 01:05 pm
- 8 Jul 11:29 am
- 8 Apr 04:15 pm
- 26 Mar 12:13 pm
Former University of Georgia business dean, William C. Flewellen, Jr., 100 years-of-age, passed away Tuesday, March 12,...
- 13 Feb 08:51 am
The UGA Small Business Development Center, UGA Extension, and the UGA College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences...
- 9 May 05:24 pm
Throughout the year, there are many consultants that go above and beyond “the call of duty,” to...
- 1 Mar 04:35 pm
Will Harris’s day starts much like his father’s and his grandfather’s and his great-grandfather’s did: with his...
- 28 Feb 04:57 pm
Entrepreneurial ventures provide hundreds of thousands of jobs in Georgia for both business owners and employees. Small...
- 23 Feb 02:52 pm
Ray Crosby knows his bees and honey. A third-generation farmer who lives with his family in the...
- 26 Jan 10:12 am
Mark Zuckerberg’s goal with Facebook has always been to bring people together. Over the years though, Facebook...