The Applied Research Division is charged with maintaining the following databases as well as finding hard to find data and information that suits client’s needs.
ESRI Business Analyst– Insight is the power to see people and opportunities in a very clear way. It’s what happens when you use Business Analyst for market planning, site selection, and customer segmentation. Combine demographic, lifestyle, and spending data with map-based analytics to create accurate reports and present powerful market insights— all within Business Analyst.
Some examples on how Business Analyst can work for you:
- Real Estate
- Find the sites that are just right for your target market, retail prospects, and tenant mix.
- Assess market feasibility and consumer shopping behaviors.
- Numerous customization options.
- Understand local market trends and shopping behavior to predict store performance. Find the sites most likely to be profitable.
- Reduce loss by identify gaps and retail leakage in you markets.
- Connect store locations with target consumers. Then use behavioral data to determine the winning product mix.
- Use solid data to devise a growth strategy. Share your work through site maps, market potential reports, and revenues forecasts.
- Economic Development
- Convince business and government leaders of your city’s economic potential when you share compelling, data-driven maps and reports.
- Health Care
- Pinpoint the best sites for your facilities.
- Align your services to your populations.
IBISWorld– the United States’ most comprehensive collection of Industry Market Research and Industry Risk Ratings
- Industry reports consists of 30 to 40 pages of key statistics and analysis on market characteristics, operating conditions, current and forecast performance, major industry participants and more for each of the 700 NAICS industries covered by IBIS.
- Industry iExpert condenses the integral elements from the industry reports into bite-sized paragraphs, graphics and tables, highlighting the key issues with a Q&A section, for each of the 700 NAICS industries.
- US Business Environment Profile reports – every industry faces a set of drivers outside its control that have a material effect on industry performance. These reports provide insight into these key drivers, which include exchange rates, commodity prices, interest rates, weather conditions, consumer attitudes, demographics and many more.
ReferenceUSA– The premier source of business and residential information for reference and research. ReferenceUSA is used by libraries and businesses throughout the US for research, small business marketing, job searching and much more.
Find businesses and potential customer’s information based on NAICS and SIC codes, geography, median home value and more. ReferenceUSA can be used to find competitors, find target customers, gather address information for mailers, find past businesses, etc.
- S. Businesses – contains a total of 50 million businesses including 15 million verified and 35 million unverified businesses that are updated monthly. It is the only business database that is enhanced with more than 24 million phone calls per year providing you with the most accurate data possible. Selection Criteria include: Company name Executive title Business type Sales volume Employee size Year established and more.
- U.S. Historical Businesses – 213 million historical records dating back to 2003. Find businesses by geography, sales volume and employment size. Advanced search available by year or specific timeframes. Perfect for business trends reporting and overall industry market research by year.
- S. Standard White Pages – Use this database of over 156 million U.S. Residents to conduct market research, and locate friends and relatives. Records are continuously updated and processed against the USPS National Change of Address (NCOA) and Delivery Sequence File (DSF). Selection criteria include: Name, Address, Median home value, Median home income and more.
- S. Consumer / Lifestyles – Use this database of over 292 million U.S. Consumers to conduct market research, and locate target customers. Records are continuously updated and processed against the USPS National Change of Address (NCOA) and Delivery Sequence File (DSF). Selection Criteria include: Name, Address, Median home value, Median home income and more.
RMA (Risk Management Association)– The Annual Statement Studies are the only source of composite performance metrics derived directly from the financial statements of financial institutions’ borrowers and prospects. These financial statements come directly to RMA from our member institutions, which get their data straight from their customers.
The Annual Statement Studies will help you to:
- Make better-informed credit decisions in a fraction of the time.
- Improve customer relationships. You will be able to demonstrate to your customers that you really understand their business by helping them identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify prospects.
- Perform immediate benchmarking with the simple-to-use format.
This consistently reliable source of financial statement benchmarks on private businesses includes two data set types: Financial Ratios Benchmarks and Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures.
- Financial Ratios Benchmarks – Comprehensive, detailed data on over 788 industries—derived directly from financial statements.
- The standard for financial statement comparative analysis is here. Built around balance sheet and income statement performance measures, these industry reports give you the foundation for understanding the typical companies operating in a particular industry, as well as the basis for comparing specific situations to an industry composite.
- Financial Ratio Benchmarks includes:
- Nineteen classic financial statement ratios, clearly defined. It’s like getting a free financial textbook with your purchase.
- Common-size balance sheet and income statement. Six balance sheet and income statement line items are presented in common-size format.
- Data arrayed by asset and sales size. Six different asset and sales size categories are presented to ensure a perfect match to your situation.
- Unique information. No other information provider gets their data from where RMA gets their’s.
- More than 788 industries presented using the 2012 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes.
- Get the most up-to-date information for the current period, and you’ll be able to compare it quickly to the past fifteen periods.
- Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures – Better information for better measures and strategies.
- Representing a major content expansion of the Annual Statement Studies, Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measurescontains probability of default estimates, cash flow measures, and change in financial position information for more than 700 industries. It brings together the power of Moody’s RiskCalc for private companies and the Statement Studies database to provide distribution statistics on one-year and five-year expected default frequency estimates by industry. These benchmarks add substantial value to the critical analysis of cash flow for private companies.
- Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures includes:
- Probability of default estimates on a percentage scale, mapped to a .EDF bond rating scale.
- Cash flow measures on a common-size percentage scale.
- Change in position, normalized, year over year, for eight financial statement line items.
- Data arrayed by asset and sales size.
- Trend data available for the past five years.
Business Reference Guide (BRG)– For almost 30 years, the BRG has been the leading guide for the pricing of businesses. The BRG provides business transaction professionals with a wealth of up-to-date rules of thumb and essential pricing information on over 600 businesses.
- Find insightful pricing tips ready to be copied and pasted into any marketing piece or presentation.
- Quickly and easily confirm the accuracy of your valuations with the most current data available, including entries added throughout the year.
Contact your local UGA SBDC office to find out about how you can received these reports and data.