Provide one-on-one business consulting and group business training to new and existing small businesses in Bulloch, Chatham and surrounding counties.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Work collaboratively with private sector businesses and other economic development assistance units of University System and other units of State Government to further economic well-being of Georgia’s citizens
- Analyze situations, make recommendations and educate clients with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management and legal structures
- Direct clients to other appropriate sources of business information and assistance
- Develop and deliver business training programs that are responsive to needs of business community served
- Perform administrative responsibilities as assigned including documenting activities
- Assist in office operation to ensure client service and timely response to client inquiries
- Serve as an advocate of business development, expansion and retention in area
- Engage in public relations activities such as speeches and presentations
- Actively participate in development and execution of sponsorship acquisition strategies in support of area office and state goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in a business-related field
About Georgia Southern
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University’s mission for student success
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
Apply Before Date
May 7, 2021