Division/Department: Morehouse Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center
Reports To: Director, Morehouse Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center/Director of Entrepreneurial Services, TBD
The Business Consultant is responsible for educating aspiring entrepreneurs, business owners, community organizations, and other public agencies in the assigned geographic territory (West End Atlanta, Fulton County) on entrepreneurial essential skills including, business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management, and legal structures.
- Responsible for educating clients on business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management, and legal structures
- Develop, effectively market, and deliver high-quality business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community served
- Serve as an advocate of business development, expansion, and retention in the local area, thereby becoming a visible leader in the local business community
- Work collaboratively with private-sector businesses, other economic development assistance units of the University System, and other units of State Government to further the economic well-being of Georgia’s citizens
- Engage in public relations activities such as speeches, presentations, active committee participation, and direct discussions
- Support organizational improvement efforts through active involvement on internal committees or special projects
- Secure sponsorship of business education programs with private businesses, economic development organizations, and other government entities
- Participate in meeting area office and special project revenue generation goals
Education and Experience Requirements
The successful candidate for the Business Consultant position will have a record of experience and accomplishments involving the small business/startup community. In addition, the candidate will have experience in collaborating with and establishing relationships with public agencies. The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree in Business Administration or a related field. Five years of experience is required and knowledge of College and SBDC programs, operating philosophy and relevant management experience is preferred.
This position is supported through a gift from Fiserv, Inc.