Entrepreneurship and small business ownership is a key opportunity for service members and veterans as they transition to civilian life.
Research has shown that many veterans are natural entrepreneurs and possess the skills, experience and leadership to start businesses and create jobs
“Boots to Business” is a Transition Assistance Program (TAP), Self- Employment Intensive Training Workshop offered in collaboration with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University (IVMF), Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs. The program is delivered by business consultants from The University of Georgia’s SBDC (Small Business Development Center).
Participate in the workshop and you’ll learn:
- If starting a business is right for you.
- If your business idea is feasible
- How to finance your business and much more
The program also has “real world” entrepreneurs as guest speakers each day.
This program is for TRANSITIONING MILITARY PERSONNEL ONLY. If you are interested in attending, please contact your local ACAP/SFL/TAP representative.
- Fort Benning | UGA SBDC in Columbus
- Fort Stewart or Hunter Army Airfield | UGA SBDC Southern Coastal
- Fort Gordon | UGA SBDC in Augusta
- Fort Stewart | UGA SBDC at Valdosta State University
- Robins Air Force Base | UGA SBDC in Macon
- VIEW ALL IN SOUTHEAST
Cost: $195 | Level: Beginner
Cost: $49+ | Level: All Levels