Join an environment that has been named by Georgia Trend as a “Best Place to Work”. Our team consist of a well-respected and collaborative group of professionals committed to using their areas of expertise to enhance the economic well-being of the small business community. As a trusted Area Director/Business Consultant, you will enjoy applying your knowledge to help small business clients reach their goals by providing a wide range of educational and consulting services. We are looking for trusted consultants who have a passion to serve and a desire to make a positive impact in the DeKalb small business community.
How you will make a difference:
- Educate clients on business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management, and legal structures, to name but a few topics.
- Develop, effectively market, and deliver high quality business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community served.
- Serve as an advocate of business development, expansion, and retention in your local area, thereby becoming a visible leader in the local business community.
- Work collaboratively with private-sector businesses, other economic development assistance units of the University System, and other units of State Government to further the economic well-being of Georgia’s citizens.
- Engage in public relations activities such as, speeches, presentations, active committee participation, and direct discussions.
- Support organizational improvement efforts through active involvement on internal committees or special projects.
- Secure sponsorship of business education programs with private businesses, economic development organizations, and other government entities.
- Participate in meeting area office and special project revenue generation goals.
- Manage daily operations and performance of the UGA SBDC at Location personnel.
What you will need to qualify:
Broad base of business knowledge, excellent analytical skills, and effective management of multiple projects simultaneously. Knowledge of University and SBDC programs and operating philosophy and/or relevant management background preferred.
Master’s degree is preferred in Business or related field. Candidates with a Master’s degree are eligible for faculty rank of Public Service Assistant.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree are eligible for appointment to Public Service Professional. This is a provisional faculty classification and is offered for no more than 6 years without completion of advanced degree or review. You may apply for a faculty appointment to Public Service Assistant upon completion of advanced degree or successful progression through the public service promotion process.
See the University of Georgia Guidelines for Appointment and Promotions for Public Service an Outreach Academic Rank for complete details. http://outreach.uga.edu/policies/appointment-and-promotion-guidelines/