CAREER POSTING: BUSINESS CONSULTANT, ATHENS
Join an environment that has been named by Georgia Trend as a “Best Place to Work”. Our team consist of a well-respected and collaborative group of professionals committed to using their areas of expertise to enhance the economic well-being of the small business community. As a trusted Business Consultant, you will enjoy applying your knowledge to help small business clients reach their goals by providing a wide range of educational and consulting services. We are looking for trusted consultants who have a passion to serve and a desire to make a positive impact in the Athens small business community.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Educate clients on business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management, and legal structures, to name but a few topics.
- Develop, effectively market, and deliver high quality business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community served.
- Serve as an advocate of business development, expansion, and retention in your local area, thereby becoming a visible leader in the local business community.
- Work collaboratively with private-sector businesses, other economic development assistance units of the University System, and other units of State Government to further the economic well-being of Georgia’s citizens.
- Engage in public relations activities such as, speeches, presentations, active committee participation, and direct discussions.
- Support organizational improvement efforts through active involvement on internal committees or special projects.
- Secure sponsorship of business education programs with private businesses, economic development organizations, and other government entities.
- Participate in meeting area office and special project revenue generation goals.
What You Will Need to Qualify
Broad base of business knowledge, excellent analytical skills, and effective management of multiple projects simultaneously. Knowledge of University and SBDC programs and operating philosophy and/or relevant management background preferred.
Master’s degree is preferred in Business or related field.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR. Please do not contact the department or search committee with such requests.
What We Offer in Return
If you believe that this is the type of environment in which you would thrive, come join our team of professionals where you will enjoy:
- A competitive salary
- Generous benefit package (health, dental, vision, life, disability)
- Two retirement plan options
- Generous vacation time and
- Healthy work life
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Our employees say empathy-an understanding of and service to others-is important in their role at the SBDC. In your cover letter, please describe instances where empathy is evidenced in your work or elsewhere and discuss why you are interested in supporting the mission and culture of our organization.