Consultants & Staff
Mark Collier joins the SBDC after an accomplished career in the private sector and a temporary assignment with the U.S. Small Business Administration office of disaster assistance. Mark has successfully managed a series of residential, mixed use, and commercial real estate development projects over a 20 year career. Mark brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the SBDC in the critical business functional areas of operations and project management, business process improvement, and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- B.A., Roosevelt University
- MBA, Tulane University
- JDG Development Group (Project Director)
- CB Richard Ellis (Senior Project Director)
- SBA – Disaster Assistance Center Small Business Analyst
- Tulane Association of Business Alumni Community Service Award
- Service Award Leader Recipient- Peachtree Middle School
Phone: (770) 414-3110
Growing up on a farm in rural south Georgia, I learned early in life the importance of responsibility and hard work. The entrepreneurial spirit is instilled early in those experiences. In High School I learned the hard lessons and risks associated with agricultural business and the importance of managing cash flow through the seasons of preparing, planting, managing, and harvest. In college I pursued degrees in economics and finance and after graduation applied my education in both public policy and private enterprise. As an ACE Hardware store owner for nearly a decade during one of the toughest economic cycles in our lifetime I learned first hand the many challenges start up businesses contend with. After closing that business in January 2016 I was offered the opportunity to work with the UGA SBDC in Dekalb and hope to use both my education and experience as a business owner to help other entrepreneurs achieve their goals.
- MBA Finance – DePaul University
- MS(ABT) Ag. Econ – UGA
- BS Ag. Econ – UGA
- UGA SBDC Business Consultant from August 2016 to present
- Owner/Manager Ace Hardware Windermere July 2009 to January 2016
- Partner Ogeechee Peaches, Millen, GA. 2003-2010.
- Executive Director, Southern Nursery Association, Atlanta, GA November 2006 to July 2009
- FSA State Director, Athens, GA and Special Assistant to the USDA Secretary, November 2002-November 2006
- Executive Director, Forest Landowners Association, Atlanta, GA November 1994 – November 2002
- Legislative Assistant, US Senator Paul Coverdell, Washington, DC November 1992- November 1994
- President of the University of Georgia Student Senate
- President of UGA Ag Hill Council
- President, AGHON, Honor Society,
- State President Future Farmers of America
- Member Gridiron Secret Society,
- Named Outstanding AG Alumni University of Georgia 2004
Phone: (770) 414-3110
- 9 Jul 09:06 am
We recently closed out the 1st half of the year and many small businesses are currently in...
- 22 Apr 02:16 pm
Roswell equipment makers Andal and Balu Balasubramanian are feeding the foodie revolution now raging from coffee shops...
- 2 Apr 11:31 am
Since 2007, Flavor of Georgia has launched new products into success and garnered more publicity and sales...
- 26 Mar 12:13 pm
Former University of Georgia business dean, William C. Flewellen, Jr., 100 years-of-age, passed away Tuesday, March 12,...
- 14 Feb 03:42 pm
- 21 Nov 03:29 pm
It’s that time again. The most wonderful time of the year. With kids jingle belling (and cash...
- 13 Nov 04:31 pm
- 5 Jun 04:37 pm
- 16 May 01:54 pm
Without our Support Staff, the UGA SBDC wouldn’t be able to function as efficiently as we do....
- 9 May 05:24 pm
Throughout the year, there are many consultants that go above and beyond “the call of duty,” to...