How do I reach specific minority market segments?
- To effectively reach a specific minority segment, a company needs first to carefully research the dynamics of the market and need for the product. Demographic and lifestyle information is essential in designing a strategy to reach the specific customer group.
Should I modify my product for specific ethnic customers?
- If preliminary research indicates that you will generate a higher level of acceptance, you may need to modify your product for specific ethnic groups. In some instances products do not need to change, what needs to change is the market approach, including advertising and customer service.
How do I find demographic information on minority markets?
- The US Census Bureau has historic information gathered the previous census. Institutions such as the University of Georgia Selig Center for Economic Growth have historic and projected demographic information.
How do I find government procurement opportunities?
- Government contracting opportunities exist at the local, state and federal level. Registering with the System for Award Management database is the first step to find federal procurement opportunities. You can find out about state contract opportunities through the Georgia Department of Administrative Services. In addition, you should contact your local government to find out bid postings and registrations. It is also helpful to subscribe to entities that publish bid information or send out notices of bid opportunities via fax or email.
How do I get assistance to respond to a Request for Proposal (RFP)?
- The SBDC works closely with the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC). GTPAC’s mission is to assist business owners with proposal issues.