The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (UGA SBDC) seeks a graduate assistant for the 2019-2020 school year to assist with marketing efforts. Applications should have a background in marketing or advertising and should have general knowledge about business functions. Previous knowledge or experience with digital analytics, graphic design, and user experience studies are also preferred. The graduate assistant will work on creating flyers and ads for business consulting services for both print and digital media, help create website blog content, assist with the editing of the UGA SBDC website, help develop email strategies, and occasionally co-present with the Marketing Manager on digital marketing strategies as part of internal training conference sessions.
The graduate assistant will have his/her own office and must adhere to a business casual or business professional dress code. The assistantship is set at 13 hours per week and will work with both the Marketing Manager and the Associate State Director. The UGA SBDC also boasts a fun and positive company culture as the organization hosts several employee engagement activities and get-togethers throughout the year.
- Research Skills, Digital Analytics, Presentation Skills, Writing Skills, Copy Editing Skills, Graphic Design
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, G Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc), Buffer, WordPress, Constant Contact, Facebook Ad Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Project Management Software (currently Asana)
Current GA Projects
Below are a few of the projects our current Graduate Assistant has worked on. The majority of the projects are WordPress, Adobe InDesign, and Digital Analytic based.
- Annual report showcasing growing industries in Georgia using research skills and Adobe InDesign
- Name credited in report
- 2018 report won 3 national and international design awards
- Social media analytics dashboard using digital analytics skills, Microsoft Excel, and Google Sheets
- Program ads printed in GeorgiaTrend magazine
- Program ads advertised through Facebook Ad Manager
- Recruitment ads advertised through LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Branding standards redesign with Adobe InDesign
- Slide deck redesigns with Microsoft PowerPoint
- User experience research project for website effectiveness
- Design statewide promotional items like flyers and brochures with Adobe InDesign
A Note From the Current GA
“I have achieved an impressive amount of real-world marketing skills to take into job interviews along with several portfolio items added to my website. The work I have done is on-par with work found in many entry level marketing positions. There’s no coffee runs here!” –Sara Bertolini, Emerging Media Masters Student, UGA SBDC Graduate Assistant (June 2017 – May 2019)
How to Apply
To apply, complete the form below.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.