Consultants & Staff
Mr. Kruse brings over 30 years of management experience including executive management in large and start-up companies. Prior to joining UGA SBDC, Mr. Kruse was an account executive with Bearcom Wireless in Atlanta, where he was responsible for developing a new customer base from prospects in the Atlanta market. His areas of specialization are business and market development, program management, strategic account planning and general management.
Mr. Kruse has worked in small businesses that focused on site leasing, Wi-Fi ‘HotSpots’, corporate network management and accounting software solutions. He has experience working in the healthcare, hospitality, telecommunications, utility markets and with internet-based services including SaaS.
- Master of Business Administration, University of Kansas
- Bachelor of Science (Engineering with Distinction), Iowa State University
- Account Executive, Bearcom Wireless, Atlanta, GA
- Regional Sales Executive, Powerplan, Atlanta, GA
- Independent Business Development Consultant
- Customer Engagement Manager, Alcatel-Lucent/Reachview, Atlanta, GA
- Management Consultant, Rocketlauncher, Inc., Atlanta, GA
- Sprint President’s Club
- Licensed Professional Engineer- Kansas and New Jersey
Phone: (678) 985-6820
Mr. StaRomana provides coaching and guidance to small- and medium-sized businesses in all stages of the business life cycle, from start-up to exit. His areas of specialization are strategic planning, business process improvement, and marketing & sales.
Prior to joining UGA-SBDC, Mr. StaRomana founded and operated a management consulting company that was awarded the grand prize of Gwinnett County’s 2011 Amazing Entrepreneur competition. Mr. StaRomana offers clients his management and professional experience from more than 20 years working with Global 100 companies as well as small, rising companies.
- MBA, KELLER GSM (Business Administration)
- MS, KELLER GSM (Project Management)
- BS, LA SALLE UNIVERSITY (Business Administration)
- SANTAROMANA & ASSOCIATES LLC (Founder & Managing Principal)
- DOCUFREE CORPORATION (Consulting Executive)
- LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES (Marketing & Sales Trainer)
- COCOCHEM, INC. (Export Marketing Manager)
- Certified Document Imaging Architect (CDIA+), Comptia
- Certified Marketing & Sales Trainer, Siebel Systems and Huthwaite
- Grand Prize Winner, 2011 Amazing Entrepreneur Business Plan Competition, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
- Consulting Executive of the Year, Docufree Corporation
- Top National Salesperson (Color Imaging Systems), Panasonic USA
- Outstanding Employee, Exxon/Petron Asia
- Member, Entrepreneur Council of the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
- Founder, Georgia Masterminds (advisory board of peer entrepreneurs)
- Can provide expert guidance or deliver talks with considerable authority about: a)strategic planning, b) improving business processes based on Lean/Continuous Improvement methodologies, c) making software system & other capital investment decisions using a graphics- and ROI-enhanced Business Case method, d) professionally managing projects to meet time & budget requirements, and e) consultative selling techniques.
Phone: (678) 985-6820
Helen serves as the administrative assistant for the UGA SBDC in Gwinnett office. She provides day-to-day staff support and takes great pride in having the office run smoothly. Helen is the first point of contact for clients and resource partners – she ensures that all inquiries are either satisfied or directed to the appropriate internal resource. In addition to providing scheduling and administrative support – Helen also provides assistance with the recruitment for and execution of all UGA SBDC in Gwinnett seminars, continuing education classes and special events at the center.
- Helen has been with the SBDC of Gwinnett for thirteen years. Prior to joining the SBDC – she worked in various roles ranging from inventory control, retail support to office administration.
Phone: (678) 985-6820
- 9 Jul 02:30 pm
- 11 Jun 11:36 am
If you are looking for a career that will enable you to engage in business development efforts...
- 26 Mar 12:13 pm
Former University of Georgia business dean, William C. Flewellen, Jr., 100 years-of-age, passed away Tuesday, March 12,...
- 4 Mar 03:24 pm
Running a business can sometimes be a frenzy of decisions and actions that it’s difficult to know...
- 30 Jul 10:40 am
Becky Lamont dedicated the first 17 years of her career serving public school districts as a special...