The UGA SBDC is seeking a summer intern at the following SBDC office locations. To view the office location, office faculty/staff, and other information about the office, click on the location names below:
A Little About Us
The UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a statewide provider of management consulting and training for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. As part of a nationwide network of SBDC programs, the UGA SBDC has offices in 17 locations across the state. With graduate business educations and backgrounds in many different fields, our consultants help owners analyze all aspects of their business to identify areas for management improvement and business growth. Curious what it’s like to work at the UGA SBDC? Find out: CLICK HERE.
Below are the qualifications we are looking for in a summer intern candidate:
- Candidate must be a rising senior enrolled in the UGA BBA Management or Marketing program and be in good academic standing.
- Interest in small business.
- Familiarity with internet based research.
- Familiarity with social media campaigns.
- Accounting capabilities are desired.
- Marketing and sales skills are desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft office with advanced techniques in Microsoft excel.
- Detail oriented; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Duties (may include)
Below are some of the duties that a summer intern may be asked to assist with:
- Organizing and managing office events or classes.
- Assisting business consultants with financial analysis and projections of client businesses through data entry using existing models, spreadsheets and software and by creating EXCEL spreadsheets as needed.
- Responsibility for basic research support-such tasks include: data entry, library research, internet searches, creating tables and graphs. Previous experience in these areas is highly desirable.
- Marketing and coordination of office programs and events.
- Assisting with training classes.
- Assisting with various client projects.
- Conducting market research for selected clients.
- Conducting survey and analyzing data for client study.
- Other duties.