Consultants & Staff
Trudy has over 15 years of experience in Retail Management and Buying. She also served as Executive Director for several non-profit education programs for over 12 years. Her areas of skill include reporting, grant writing, board leadership, management and organizational skills. Trudy was awarded the Gloucester County NJ, Education Certificate Commendation – 2015 Friend of Education Award for her work in literacy for adult education in the community. She was a Board Member for Workforce Investment Board Literacy Plan, and Glassboro School Board Special Projects Committee for Bond Referendum. Trudy enjoys involvement in church activities and assisting with the local food bank. Working with small business owners allows her the opportunity to bring these experiences together for the benefit of helping aspiring entrepreneurs achieve their dreams of business ownership and growth.
- B.S. in Business Administration, Rowan University
- UGA SBDC (Program Coordinator)
- Executive Director (Literacy New Jersey)
- Project Director (Golden Gate Inc.)
- Gold Chain Jewelry Buyer (Silver and Gold Connection)
- Gloucester County NJ Education Certificate Commendation – 2015 Friend of Education Award
Phone: (478) 757-3609
Ms. Rackley worked in Human Resources for a manufacturing facility prior to joining the Small Business Development Center. Her previous experience includes working with consulting firms specializing in retirement and disability plan administration. Ms. Rackley’s areas of interest include employee benefits and recruiting.
- MBA, GEORGIA COLLEGE MILLEDGEVILLE GA (Business Administration)
- BS, FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY TALLAHASSEE FL (Human Resources Management)
- RJ REYNOLDS TOBACCO CORP (HR Specialist)
- AIG-VALIC (Financial Services Specialist)
- VPA INC (Quality Assurance Administrator)
- NORTHERN TRUST RETIREMENT CONSULTING (Implementation Manager)
- Best Continuing Education Program of the Year for Maximum People, University of Georgia Small Business Development Center, 2012
- Mrs. Rackley served as a part-time instructor at Georgia College from August 2010 until May 2012. Courses taught included Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining and Compensation and Benefits.
Phone: (478) 757-3609
Peter Williams provides business consulting services to businesses in Middle Georgia. Prior to joining the SBDC in 2013, Mr. Williams owned and operated for eleven years a corporate finance consulting firm advising business owners on mergers and acquisitions, business valuation, capital formation and allocation, and other financial issues. His firm was selected as a strategic partner to one of the largest networks of independent accounting firms in the world and maintained that distinction for 5 years.
Mr. Williams previously served as Chief Financial Officer of an Internet start-up, a principal of a private equity investment firm, and an analyst and manager in the investment management divisions of two insurance companies. He also has served as an adjunct instructor at Georgia Perimeter College.
Mr. Williams’ consulting and investment experience includes companies engaged in manufacturing, distribution, retail, commercial and consumer finance, consumer products, food processing, homebuilding, and media. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and has served as a Director of manufacturing and publishing companies.
Peter’s areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions; business planning and valuations; corporate financial management and business case analysis; capital formation, allocation, and return analysis; and referral-based marketing.
- CFA, CFA INSTITUTE (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- MBA, EMORY UNIVERSITY (Finance, Accounting)
- BA, RIPON COLLEGE (Economics, English)
- FAIRVIEW CAPITAL ADVISORS (Founded middle market investment banking firm. Provide M&A, business valuation, and strategic financial consulting services to business owners.)
- VIRTUAL ADVISORS (Served as CFO; also led business development efforts for this startup, web-based M&A/business valuation advisory firm)
- RIVER CAPITAL (Team raised $50 million P/E fund; led corporate development/M&A for portfolio companies)
- CONFEDERATION LIFE & METLIFE (Led new private placement investments and managed private placement portfolio)
- Consulting firm was selected as strategic partner to one of the largest networks of independent accounting firms in the world
- Led private placement investments for major life insurance company totaling over $450 million
- Member of team that successfully raised proprietary, $50 million private equity fund
- Director, Brighter Tomorrows Foundation
- Member, Decatur High School Counseling Department Advisory Committee
Phone: (478) 757-3609
- 13 Sep 12:19 pm
Nov. 14, 2019. While LinkedIn is one of the fastest growing social networking sites, many people are...
- 13 Sep 10:10 am
October 4, 2019. Designed for existing users of the program. Learn how to sharpen your skills...
- 1 Aug 11:23 am
Sept. 11, 2019. SBDC GrowSmart is a dynamic program for owners and senior managers of growing businesses.
- 8 Jul 11:29 am
- 2 Apr 11:31 am
Since 2007, Flavor of Georgia has launched new products into success and garnered more publicity and sales...
- 26 Mar 12:13 pm
Former University of Georgia business dean, William C. Flewellen, Jr., 100 years-of-age, passed away Tuesday, March 12,...
- 13 Feb 10:52 am
Stan Greene, owner of Greene Machine and Manufacturing, was ready to retire when he asked Larry Collins,...
- 24 Jul 09:39 am
LinkedIn is unique among social media platforms and is the acknowledged leader for B2B marketing activities. LinkedIn’s...
- 7 Jun 10:35 am
At the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center, we offer a number of business training programs...
- 9 May 05:24 pm
Throughout the year, there are many consultants that go above and beyond “the call of duty,” to...