Consultants & Staff
Cheryl Greenerl has served as the Program Coordinator with UGA SBDC at Clayton State University since March 2015 and is the first point of contact with the public. She assists with client program development, marketing and delivery. Cheryl grew up working in her family’s hair salon and barbershops as well as operated her own dressmaking business. Prior to joining the SBDC, Cheryl worked as a Corporate Contract Specialist for a major telecommunications corporation where she was responsible for coordinating the execution and implementation of customer telecom services. She also served as a Bank Operations officer and managed the corporate account statement processing department.
- BA, Mount Holyoke College (Urban Studies)
Phone: (678) 466-5100
Alisa Kirk is the Area Director of the UGA Small Business Development Center at Clayton State University, which provides business consulting and training for small business owners. Her advice for entrepreneurs has been published in Georgia Trend, Fayette Woman, We Are Clayton, The Savannah Morning News, and other local and regional newspapers and publications. Ms. Kirk has delivered eight national presentations and numerous state and local presentations in her areas of expertise: Marketing with Videos and Persuasive Communication. She has also taught courses on Sustainability and Leadership & Communication for the Clayton State University College of Business.
Ms. Kirk is the recipient of the 2012 Dr. William C. Flewellen, Jr., Award for Consulting Excellence and the 2009 Georgia SBDC Continuing Education Program of the Year Award. Alisa has a BA in Business Administration from Tift College/Mercer University and an MBA in Supply Chain Management from Clayton State University, where she received the 2009 MBA Award. The experiences she gained working in her family business and other small businesses have given her a heart for helping business owners. She uses her knowledge of accounting, technology, and management to help local small business owners and managers develop strategies for growth.
- BA, TIFT COLLEGE/MERCER UNIVERSITY (Business Administration)
- MBA, CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY (Supply Chain Management)
- CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY (Center for Instructional Development)
- 2012 Dr. William C. Flewellen, Jr. Award for Consulting Excellence
- 2009 SBDC Continuing Education Program of the Year Award for “Marketing with Social Media.”
- 2009 MBA Award, Clayton State University.
- In areas of expertise (Sustainability, Marketing with Technology, and Persuasive Communication), taught two college-level classes, presented research at a national conference, delivered four national conference presentations, and created videos and tools for state-wide SBDC use.
- Also published articles in numerous local magazines, including We Are Clayton and Fayette Woman, and newspapers.
- VIDEO: IT’S NOT JUST FOR ADVERTISING. Jul 2013 on Savannah Morning News
- BACK TO BASICS: RE-EXAMINING SMALL BUSINESS STRATEGY. Nov 2012 on Business in Savannah
- USING DIGITAL MEASURES TO OPTIMIZE ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT REPORTING PURPOSES. Feb 2011 on Proceedings of Southeast Decision Sciences Institute 2011 Conference
- IS IT TIME TO GREEN YOUR BUSINESS May 2010 on Georgia Trend
- Adjunct Professor, Clayton State University MBA Program; revised and co-taught Communications and Leadership.
- At the request of the Dean of the CSU College of Business, developed and taught green business course, “Going Green & Global.”
- Has developed and taught four new continuing education courses, “Green Strategies for Your Small Business,” “Hot Tips & Cool Tools for Online Marketing,” “Online Marketing: Links, Likes, & Friends,” and “Finding & Refining Competitive Advantage”, “Games, Stories, & Pictures: Play to Learn.”
- Invited speaker at numerous state, regional, and local events on topics including persuasive communication, videos for business, and marketing technology.
- Serves on several economic development task forces and advisory boards.
- Clayton State University’s SBDC team uses creative and cross-functional methodologies to assist small business owners with strategic planning, change management, and corporate story mapping.
Phone: (678) 466-5100
- 26 Mar 12:13 pm
Former University of Georgia business dean, William C. Flewellen, Jr., 100 years-of-age, passed away Tuesday, March 12,...
- 2 Nov 11:06 am
Deciding whether or not to start a new business can be one of the most difficult decisions...
- 6 Sep 06:17 pm
There’s one issue that comes up from time to time when I’m talking with small business owners:...
- 7 Jun 10:35 am
At the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center, we offer a number of business training programs...
- 9 May 05:24 pm
Throughout the year, there are many consultants that go above and beyond “the call of duty,” to...
- 2 Mar 02:01 pm
Wendy Eley Jackson possesses the creative credentials eagerly sought by film and television production companies. She developed...
- 28 Feb 04:57 pm
Entrepreneurial ventures provide hundreds of thousands of jobs in Georgia for both business owners and employees. Small...
- 26 Jan 10:12 am
Mark Zuckerberg’s goal with Facebook has always been to bring people together. Over the years though, Facebook...
- 24 Oct 04:41 pm
My office does a lot of strategic planning with our small business clients, and we are often...
- 28 Aug 11:04 am
Who would have thought that an idea in 1975, promoted by William C. Flewellen, Jr., former Dean...