Consultants & Staff
Nora serves as a business consultant for the UGA SBDC in Rome. She has a diverse background with extensive experience in management, human resources, manufacturing, quality assurance, and accounting/tax planning. Prior to joining the SBDC, Nora worked for a fortune 500 manufacturing company, an international software/education company, and operated her own consulting firm.
Nora was born in Michoacán, Mexico but moved to North Georgia at age 12. She attended high school in Rome and received her undergraduate and MBA from Shorter University. When not at work, Nora continues to pursue her passion for helping others. In 2010, she founded a non-profit entity, Casa Michoacán, with the mission of enhancing the wellbeing of the community through enhancements in infrastructure. Nora is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- MBA, Shorter University (Management)
- BS, Shorter University (Business Administration)
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Bookkeeping, American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- Immigration Law Certificate University of Georgia
- UGA SBDC (Business Consultant)
- NG Consulting, LLC (Owner CEO)
- Shaw Industries (Training Manager )
- Wolters Kluwer (Tax and Accounting)
- Coordinated/led product-planning process between product manager, marking and sales departments.
- Developed first Spanish language AIPB bookkeeping certification course for Wolters Kluwer.
- Concept development, launch, and funding of a non-profit which funded infrastructure projects in Michoacán, Mexico.
- 20 under 40 for the Rome Life Magazine in 2016
Phone: (706) 622-2006
Mr. Montanaro brings more than 20 years of experience as a senior executive to his role as an SBDC area director. Montanaro’s industry experience includes textile and apparel manufacturing, specialty chemical manufacturing, and investment banking/consulting with responsibility for facilities and relationships in the US, Mexico, Central America/Caribbean, Spain, Northern South America and China.
Mr. Montanaro grew up in North Georgia attending high school in Dalton, receiving his undergraduate from Berry College in Rome, GA and receiving his MBA from Kennesaw State University. While Richard has spent the last several years working across the United States and internationally, he has always maintained his home in North Georgia. Mr. Montanaro speaks both English and Spanish fluently and is learning Brazilian Portuguese.
- MBA, KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY (Marketing)
- BS, BERRY COLLEGE (Internal Auditing)
- THE CATAMOUNT GROUP, LLC (Managing Director)
- CPC CHEMICAL HOLDINGS, LLC (President)
- ORACLE BEAUTY BRANDS, LLC (CEO)
- ASTRO DYE WORKS, INC (President and CEO)
- Business / Strategic Planning & Launch $23 million in sales growth attained by developing and rolling out a product concept / model and marketing plan to penetrate the automotive textile segment, driving EBITDA from $250,000 to $7+million.
- P&L / Budget Accountability Reduced losses by $150,000 and off-quality production by 30% for platform company by identifying internal accounting problems and implementing changes across accounting information systems and manufacturing practices.
- Turnaround / Cashflow Management Negotiated forbearance from senior lenders by improving cash flows by $150,000 and quality of receivables using credit insurance to prevent shutdown of operations and increase available credit under existing agreement.
- M&A Due-Diligence & Negotiations Sales price of 5 1/2 times EBIDTA for 60-unit restaurant franchise realized by preparing memorandum and identifying potential buyers to successfully market and sell distressed asset on behalf of client in an accelerated timeframe.
- New Market Development $500,000 licensing deal with large medical/surgical textile manufacturer secured by demonstrating 33% reduction in drying time representing $300,000 savings per customers laundry facility.
- Developed and Leveraged key relationship with FIDE Honduras to consult on $100+ million in transactions, including major call center, chemical manufacturing, gypsum board manufacturing, and major resort development projects.
- Led Joint Team consisting of senior members of the Catamount Group and BAC & Asociados for development of interests in Guatemala, Ecuador, and Peru.
- Member of The Young Presidents Organizational (Southern 7 Chapter)
- President of Calhoun Optimist Club
- Leadership Calhoun and Gordon County Program Graduate
Matt’s previous work experience includes financial management positions in the computer, freight/logistics and investment management industries. He also owned a business in northwest Georgia. He has worked in the Fortune 100, international business, and start-up operations. He brings an extensive background in the areas of financial planning and analysis, general management, business modeling, cash management, management reporting, taxes, sale & acquisition of businesses, and payroll & personnel management. With this broad background and perspective, he is able to help his clients determine the best course of action for their businesses or situations.
- BS, THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY (Business Administration, Finance)
- MBA, THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY (Finance)
- UGA SBDC (Business Consultant)
- BARTOW POWERSPORTS (Owner/General Manager)
- LEP PROFIT INTERNATIONAL (Controller)
- INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CORPORATION (Controller, Division Controller, Accounting Manager)
- DATAPOINT CORPORATION (Financial Manager, Financial Analyst)
- Took business from concept to operating dealership – bought land and built facility, hired staff, marketed business.
- Negotiated $20 million line of credit
- Prepared financial analysis for spin off of division as separate company
- Coordinated product planning process between marketing and manufacturing divisions
Phone: (706) 622-2006
- 26 Mar 12:13 pm
Former University of Georgia business dean, William C. Flewellen, Jr., 100 years-of-age, passed away Tuesday, March 12,...
- 17 Jan 03:31 pm
- 4 Sep 02:14 pm
- 19 Jul 10:46 am
- 13 Jul 12:01 pm