Since 2007, Flavor of Georgia has launched new products into success and garnered more publicity and sales for products already in the market. From rural farmers to urban businesses, successful and talented food artisans have emerged from all over Georgia to create delicacies from the abundant agricultural products our state has to offer. Over 1,400 products have entered the contest since the UGA Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development began the contest.
Many UGA SBDC clients enter the contest yearly. In 2019, there were 4 clients who received awards:
- Byne Blueberry Farms, Waynesboro, GA: Barbecue Sauce Category Winner, Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
- UGA SBDC in Augusta Client
- Classic City Bee Company, Athens, GA: Honey & Related Products Category Winner, Smoked Honey
- UGA SBDC in Athens Client
- Pine Street Market, Avondale Estates, GA: Condiments & Salsas Category Winner, Bacon Jam
- UGA SBDC in DeKalb Client
- Hardy’s Peanuts, Hawkinsville, GA: Snack Foods Category Winner, Delicious Dill Pickle Party Peanuts
Congratulations to all of the winners of this year’s contest!
To learn more about the content and to see ALL categories and winners, CLICK HERE.