Expand your market by Cyber Securing and Cyber Strengthening your business.
Join us for one or all sessions to diversify and grow your business through government and corporate contracting.
Take steps now to protect your small or medium-sized business/non-profit from cyber criminals. The first workshop will feature the National Cyber Security Alliance’s interactive CyberSecure My Business workshop, which helps businesses and non-profits:
- Identify which assets others want
- Protect those assets
- Detect when something has gone wrong
- Respond quickly with an action plan
- Recover from a breach
- Common cyber threats targeting small businesses
- Cyber misconceptions
- Actionable steps or “quick wins” small businesses can take to better secure their businesses
- Free local, state, and national resources to help them improve your cybersecurity
COST: NO COST
COURSE LENGTH: 3 HOURS
Do you currently have a government contract (or want one)? Did you know that if you don’t have a strong cybersecurity plan in place, you could be at risk of losing it? #CyberStrength will help ensure your business is in compliance with upcoming regulations. #CyberStrength will explore and challenge the business owner/IT professional to prepare and strengthen their cybersecurity plan. It will position their company to take advantage of the opportunities provided by having a strong, cybersecurity posture.
- Increase your ability to secure contracts with Government/DOD in FY 2019 and beyond (NIST SP 800-171) dfars 252-204-7012
- Increase your marketability to larger corporations with a system security plan.
- Harden your business’s cybersecurity infrastructure
- Position your company to satisfy regulation changes related to cybersecurity compliance requirements
This year’s speakers will include:
- Mark Lupo, MBCP, Business Education/Resilience Specialist, UGA SBDC
- Josh A. Cavallin, CyberLiability Insurance, Hutchinson Traylor
- Leslie Wood, President, CMIT Solutions of Columbus
COURSE LENGTH: 3.5 HOURS
No programs available
All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.