Area Director, Morrow Office
Alisa Kirk is the Area Director of the UGA SBDC at Clayton State University. Her advice for entrepreneurs has been published in many local and regional newspapers and publications. Ms. Kirk has delivered 13 national presentations and numerous state and local presentations in her area of expertise: Persuasive Communication. She has also taught courses for the Clayton State University College of Business on Leadership and Communication. Ms. Kirk was the 2018 Georgia State Star and is the recipient of the 2017 UGA SBDC Consultant of the Year Award, the 2017 UGA SBDC Innovation of the Year Award, the 2012 Dr. William C. Flewellen, Jr., Award for Consulting Excellence, and the 2009 Georgia SBDC Continuing Education Program of the Year Award. Alisa has a BA in Business Administration from Tift College at Mercer University and an MBA in Supply Chain Management from Clayton State University.
- BA, TIFT COLLEGE/MERCER UNIVERSITY (Business Administration)
- MBA, CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY (Supply Chain Management)
- CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY (Center for Instructional Development)
- 2012 Dr. William C. Flewellen, Jr. Award for Consulting Excellence
- 2009 SBDC Continuing Education Program of the Year Award for “Marketing with Social Media.”
- 2009 MBA Award, Clayton State University.
- In areas of expertise (Sustainability, Marketing with Technology, and Persuasive Communication), taught two college-level classes, presented research at a national conference, delivered four national conference presentations, and created videos and tools for state-wide SBDC use.
- Also published articles in numerous local magazines, including We Are Clayton and Fayette Woman, and newspapers.
- VIDEO: IT’S NOT JUST FOR ADVERTISING. Jul 2013 on Savannah Morning News
- BACK TO BASICS: RE-EXAMINING SMALL BUSINESS STRATEGY. Nov 2012 on Business in Savannah
- USING DIGITAL MEASURES TO OPTIMIZE ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT REPORTING PURPOSES. Feb 2011 on Proceedings of Southeast Decision Sciences Institute 2011 Conference
- IS IT TIME TO GREEN YOUR BUSINESS May 2010 on Georgia Trend
- Adjunct Professor, Clayton State University MBA Program; revised and co-taught Communications and Leadership.
- At the request of the Dean of the CSU College of Business, developed and taught green business course, “Going Green & Global.”
- Has developed and taught four new continuing education courses, “Green Strategies for Your Small Business,” “Hot Tips & Cool Tools for Online Marketing,” “Online Marketing: Links, Likes, & Friends,” and “Finding & Refining Competitive Advantage”, “Games, Stories, & Pictures: Play to Learn.”
- Invited speaker at numerous state, regional, and local events on topics including persuasive communication, videos for business, and marketing technology.
- Serves on several economic development task forces and advisory boards.
Phone: (678) 466-5100