Carolina Ramon joined the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Office of Minority Business Development (OMBD) October 1, 2015. Before joining the SBDC’s Office of Minority Business Development, she served as a contract employee for OMBD from 2013 through 2015. A native of Cali, Colombia, Carolina has been instrumental in the design, creation and execution of business training for Hispanic business owners, and she created and implemented marketing strategies to reach minority business owners.
- B.A., Mass Communication and Marketing
- M.B.A., Business Administration, Georgia State University
- Served as Director of the Small Business Administration’s WEDA Metropolitan Atlanta Women Business Center (MAWBC) for many years. There she oversaw the day-to-day operations of MAWBC programs and services, including managing and evaluating staff, third-party consultants/providers, and community partners. In this position, she delivered quality bilingual training and consulting services in business development, market research, loan packaging, and certification and procurement opportunities.
- Served as Marketing and Media Professional for CNN en Español and serves as the organization’s primary liaison to the Latino community, including individuals, business owners, media, associations and other stakeholders.
- Carolina is an experienced small business counselor and certified federal procurement instructor with an extensive history of launching business enterprises and designing entrepreneur programs for non-profit organizations in Georgia.
- Carolina is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Phone: (470) 268-5793