Consultant, Gainesville Office, Rome Office
Dan Hudgins joined the UGA Small Business Development Center in 2020 and brings over 25 years of experience working in the textile and healthcare industries and public accounting. This experience included working in a family-owned carpet manufacturer where the margins were small and cash was tight, working for a Fortune 500 Healthcare company where he helped open a new hospital and served as CFO at four different locations, and serving as VP of Finance for a healthcare startup that had two hospitals. These experiences taught him how to work with small teams, manage cash, revenue cycle improvement, and financial reporting and forecasting.
When he’s not helping small businesses, Dan enjoys hiking, hunting, and riding his motorcycle.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, University of Georgia Terry College of Business
- Carpet Crafts, Inc (Controller)
- St Catherine Healthcare (Sr VP Finance)
- Kindred Healthcare(CFO)
- Improved profit from $20M to over $31M
- Decreased A/R Days from 90 to 54 and from 70 to 39
- Obtained $2.5M A/R financing for each facility
- Set up reimbursement for Behavioral Health Units
Phone: (706) 622-2006