Dan was raised in an Entrepreneurial home where his family owned and farmed a 200 acre Agribusiness. Growing up in this environment made him realize that hard work, investing in a quality product (produce) branding and personal selling fosters success in a business and in life.
He is a first generation college graduate and was drafted into the United Sates Army shortly after graduation. He trained as a Military Policeman and served 16 months of duty in Korea. Upon return he entered a career in the supermarket industry first in upstate NY and then with a chain of stores with a home office in the Boston area. He enrolled in a night/weekend MBA program. After graduation, his family relocated to FL to change careers and climate.
He was hired as a business consultant at Edison Community College and then was hired as the Founding Director of the SBDC program at brand new Florida Gulf Coast University.
After a great and fulfilling career as a teacher, innovator and leader of a staff of 28, he retired and relocated to Acworth FL. He and his wife Eileen of 46 years are now investing in their new community and embrace the opportunity of now working with the SBDC program at Kennesaw.
- MBA, Plymouth State University
- BS, Alliance College (Biology, Chemistry)
- Florida SBDC at Florida Gulf Coast University (Founding Director)
- Edison Community College (Business Consultant)
- Structured an SBDC platform at FGCU, in the five county market of SW FL, to bring individual small business consulting, seminars, workshops and training to assist businesses start, grow and succeed
- Created and organized focus groups titled “Best of Nascent and Existing Entrepreneurs to Foster Creativity and Development”
- Developed a relationship with Chambers of Commerce and Offices of Economic Development to support and provide ongoing training and education as a resource not only to the organizations but as a tool for owners
- Received the Economic Patriotism Award from Governor Jeb Bush for dedicated work in getting entrepreneurs back in business post 9/11
- Recipient of the Champions Award from SW FL Works
- Recipient of the 4-Way Test from the Ft. Myers Rotary Club, South
- Created the Distinguished Entrepreneur of SW FL Program to showcase successful local entrepreneurs in a jump start initiative, post 2008 economic downturn
- Consulted with over 2,000 entrepreneurs and dedicated numerous hours in educating and developing small businesses
Phone: (470) 578-6450