Consultant, Kennesaw Office
Daniel McCoy joined the UGA- Small Business Development Center at Kennesaw State University as a Business Consultant in September 2017, after a 21-year successful banking career as a Commercial/SBA Lender and Financial Adviser. Mr. McCoy also spent 10+ years in upper management in the retail industry. In 2014, he formed Business Services North, LLC, a consulting company that assisted with Small Business Loan packaging and filing back taxes.
Daniel earned his Associates Degree from Reinhardt University, his bachelor’s degree at Covenant College, and his Master of Business Administration in Accounting from Benedictine University. He is a Certified Professional for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and A Member of the National Society of Leadership and Success. Mr. McCoy has been a contributing writer for Restaurant Informer Magazine. He has recently completed the Veteran At Work Certification process. Daniel is also a 2019 Flewellen Award for Consulting Excellence winner, his first year eligible.
In the Non-Profit arena, Daniel was a co-founder of the Bartow Business Association and served as the first President; appointed by Gov. Sonny Purdue to serve on an Advisory Board for 8 years for the Adult Education Program for the State of Georgia, Region 42; served as Chairperson and Board member for the Bartow Collaborative/Family Connections. He graduated from Leadership Bartow through the Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce. He has been active in his Church and assisted in attaining $38,000 in Grant money recently.
- MBA, Benedictine University (Accounting)
- BS, Covenant College (Organizational Management)
- AA, Reinhardt University (Liberal Arts)
- UGA SBDC (Business Consultant)
- Aquesta Bank (GGL Business Specialist)
- FSG Bank (SBA/USDA Business Development Officer))
- WoodForest Bank (Branch Manager)
- Bank of America (Vice President- Client Manager)
- Edison Brothers (Regional Sales Manager )
- SBA Awards three years in a row while at Bank of America
- Top 1% of Business Bankers while at Bank of America
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) -Certified Professional
- Member of National Society of Leadership and Success
- Flewellen Award for Consulting Excellence -Winner 2019
- Veterans at Work Certification
- Bartow Business Association (Co-Founder, Past President, & Past Treasurer)
- State of Georgia Adult Education Program (Region 42 Advisory Board Member)
- Bartow Collaborative/Family Connections (Past Board Member)
- Bartow Leadership Program (Graduate)
Phone: (470) 578-6450