Consultant, Kennesaw Office
Daniel McCoy joined the UGA SBDC at Kennesaw State University as a Business Consultant in September 2017, after a 21-year banking career as a Commercial/SBA Lender and Financial Adviser. Daniel has also spent 10+ years in upper management in the retail industry. In 2014, he formed Business Services North, LLC, a consulting company that assisted with Small Business Loan packaging and filing back taxes.
He is a Certified Professional for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and A Member of the National Society of Leadership and Success. Mr. McCoy has been a contributing writer for Restaurant Informer Magazine. He has recently completed the Veteran At Work Certification process. Daniel is also a 2019 Flewellen Award for Consulting Excellence winner, his first year eligible.
In the Non-Profit arena, Daniel was a co-founder of the Bartow Business Association and served as the first President; appointed by Gov. Sonny Purdue to serve on an Advisory Board for 8 years for the Adult Education Program for the State of Georgia, Region 42; served as Chairperson and Board member for the Bartow Collaborative/Family Connections. He graduated from Leadership Bartow through the Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce. He has been active in his Church and assisted in attaining $38,000 in Grant money recently.
- MBA (Accounting), Benedictine University
- Bachelor of Science (Organizational Management), Covenant College
- Associate in Arts (Liberal Arts), Reinhardt University
- Aquesta Bank – GGL Business Specialist
- FSG Bank – SBA/USDA Business Development Officer
- WoodForest Bank – Branch Manager
- Bank of America – Vice President Client Manager
- Edison Brothers – Regional Sales Manager
- SBA Awards three years in a row while at Bank of America
- Top 1% of Business Bankers while at Bank of America
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) -Certified Professional
- Member of National Society of Leadership and Success
- Flewellen Award for Consulting Excellence 2019
- Veterans at Work Certification
- Bartow Business Association (Co-Founder, Past President, & Past Treasurer)
- State of Georgia Adult Education Program (Region 42 Advisory Board Member)
- Bartow Collaborative/Family Connections (Past Board Member)
- Bartow Leadership Program (Graduate)
Phone: (470) 578-6450