Consultant, Morehouse College
With over 20 years of practical executive and entrepreneurial leadership, Donald Lamar brings a wealth of experience to organizations, businesses, and institutions by teaching, coaching, and guiding them to reach goals and other key measure of success leveraging a unique combination of technical and strategic abilities.
Prior to joining UGA-SBDC, Donald co-founded Drayton, Drayton & Lamar Inc., as well as, owned, managed and operated businesses in the technology, restaurant, and management consulting industries. In addition, Mr. Lamar has worked as a senior business consultant for countless small business across the nation applying his knowledge of industry specializations in government contracting, systems integration, and general business management. In addition to his technical skills in management consulting, Mr. Lamar has provided direct leadership training and educational instruction at an executive level, as well as, developed and implemented diverse engineering-based curriculums as a middle school STEM teacher who motivates students through positive encouragement and the reinforcement of concepts through interactive classroom instruction and observation.
- MBA, Georgia State University
- BSEE, Prairie View A&M University
- Emory University, Big Data Certification
- UGA SBDC at Georgia State University (Senior Business Consultant)
- Cogent Analytics (Project Director)
- STEM Instructor (Gwinnett County Public Schools)
- TQ Intelligence (Federal Gov-Business Development Manager)
- Bumblena Enterprises (Management Consultant)
- Drayton, Drayton & Lamar (Co-Founder &SVP)
- General Dynamics (Software Engineer)
- McDonald Douglas Aircraft Co (Simulations Engineer)
Phone: (470) 639-0262