Heather Sharpe serves as a Business Consultant for the University Of Georgia Small Business Development Center in Albany, Georgia. She attended Darton College before going on to earn a B.A in Communication Studies from Clemson University and a M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communication from Florida State University. Prior to joining the SBDC, Heather served in the Marketing Department at Albany Mall where she coordinated special events and social media, as well as worked with merchants to grow their businesses. She has also served as a Program Director at the Albany Area YMCA, where she developed and managed both seasonal and year-round programs.
Heather is an active member of the Junior League of Albany, GA., Inc., where she has served in a variety of leadership roles, including Financial Council Chair, Nominating & Placement Chair, and President. She is currently serving on the Albany Technical College Marketing Program Advisory Committee and the Georgia Agritourism Association Board of Directors. Her interests include marketing strategy, customer service, event planning and management, agritourism, and digital marketing tactics.
- MS, FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, 2012 (Integrated Marketing Communication)
- BA, CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, 2004 (Communication Studies)
- BA, DARTON COLLEGE, 2002 (Speech and Communication Studies)
- ALBANY MALL (Marketing)
- ALBANY AREA YMCA (Program Director)
- President-Elect, Junior League of Albany, GA Inc.
- Marketing Advisory Committee, Albany Technical College
Phone: (229) 420-1144