Consultant, Multicultural Business Division
Howard Dent’s work with the UGA SBDC is buoyed by his belief that real success is the success you share. His mission is to use his 25-plus years of experience in banking and finance to help aspiring entrepreneurs start and grow their business and help existing owners take their business to the next level.
Prior to working at the UGA SBDC, Howard held positions at various financial institutions, including Credit Suisse, WF Commercial Capital and Wells Fargo Bank, where he and his team were responsible for raising over $3 billion in capital. Howard was founding Principal and President of a mortgage finance company where he oversaw the accounting, finance, marketing and human resources functions. Prior to that, he started a specialty-finance focused business consultancy.
- BBA (Finance, Cum Laude, Baruch Scholar), Bernard M. Baruch College
- Wells Fargo Securities (Director)
- Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, (Vice President)
- New Heights Capital (Founder and President)
- New Heights Group (Founder and Principal)
- Credit Suisse, Principal Transaction Group (Associate – Financial Engineer)
- Accenture, Financial Markets Division (Staff Consultant)
Phone: (404) 855-5214