Howard Dent, III
Howard Dent is a Business Consultant in the Gwinnett office of the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center. His work with the UGA SBDC is buoyed by his belief that real success is the success you share. His mission is to use his twenty-five-plus years of experience in banking, finance and entrepreneurship to help aspiring entrepreneurs start and grow their business and help existing owners take their business to the next level.
Prior to transitioning from Corporate America, Mr. Dent held positions at various international financial institutions, including Credit Suisse, WF Commercial Capital and Wells Fargo Bank, where he and his team were responsible for raising over $3B in capital. Before joining Wells Fargo, Mr. Dent was founding Principal and President of a mortgage finance company where he oversaw the accounting, finance, marketing and human resources functions. Prior to that, Mr. Dent started a specialty-finance focused business consultancy. Mr. Dent started his career with Accenture as a technology Consultant in their Financial Markets Division.
Mr. Dent is a proud alumnus of Bernard M. Baruch College, where he graduated, Cum Laude, with a degree in finance.
- BBA, Bernard M. Baruch College (Finance, Cum Laude, Baruch Scholar)
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Director – Wells Fargo Securities
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Vice President – Wells Fargo Commercial Capital
- New Heights Capital, LLC, Founder and President
- New Heights Group, LLC, Founder and Principal
- Credit Suisse, Associate – Financial Engineer, Principal Transaction Group
- Accenture, Staff Consultant – Financial Markets Division
Phone: (678) 985-6820