Juan E. Colon is an economist, he has over 16 years of experience working with entrepreneurs and small business owners in the manufacture, construction, services, retail, and wholesale industries. Prior to joining UGA SBDC, Juan worked in Minority Business Development Agency, Puerto Rico (PR) Small Business Development Center, and PR Business Development (CDC – SBA 504). These experiences allowed Colon to expand his knowledge and understanding of the challenges inherent in working with the entrepreneurs and always looking for ways to make high impact in the economy. Colon has had several entrepreneur endeavors and was proud of the development of a multi-units franchise in the Caribbean Market. Colon had a successful career as an educator as a Professor of Economics, Finance, and Statistics at Turabo University of Puerto Rico. At UGA SBDC Gainesville office he is working with the Hispanic Market.
English and Spanish.
· Bachelor of Business Administration: Economics. University of Puerto Rico
· Master of Business Administration: Finance. Interamerican University of Puerto Rico.
· Doctorate of Philosophy: Business Administration: Entrepreneurship. Bircham International University.
· Georgia Real Estate License: Sales Associates
· Florida Real Estate License: Sales Associates
· Puerto Rico Real Estate License: Broker