Atlanta Office, Consultant
Levar has over 10 years of business consulting experience. Prior to joining the UGA-SBDC, Levar was the managing principal at Vedere Consulting, based in New York City. In that role, he designed and implemented strategies to help business owners operate and expand their enterprises.
Prior to that role, he was the Business Services Manager for the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, where he managed a $3 million loan fund in the Southeast Queens section of New York City. Levar was also an adjunct lecturer, at the City University of New York, York College, on personal finance.
He has also advised and mentored hundreds of aspiring and active entrepreneurs through his associations with NYC Business Solutions, the Empire State Development Corp., the Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation, and the Community College of Philadelphia. Levar began his career as a financial advisor and has worked with Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase.
● B.S. Business, Management, & Economics, SUNY, Empire State College
● Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning, Boston University
● Vedere Consulting (Business Advisory)
● Greater Jamaica Development Corporation (Business Advisory & Financing)
● JPMorgan Chase (Financial Advisory)
● Bank of America (Financial Advisory)
● 2020, Board Chair, Spectrum Health Services, Philadelphia
● 2017, Director, Pro Bono Committee, Financial Planning Association of New York
● 2016, The Network Journal 40 Under Forty Honoree
● Levar is an Enrolled Agent and has provided tax planning services to business owners. An Enrolled Agent is a tax advisor, who is a federally-authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Enrolled Agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax issues that include audits, collections, and appeals.
● Levar has contributed to several businesses and financial publications including, Black Enterprise, Money, Yahoo Finance, and Financial Planning.
Phone: (404) 413-7830