Atlanta Office, Consultant
Levar has over 10 years of business consulting experience. He specializes in financial analysis, business acquisitions, and business financing. Prior to joining the UGA-SBDC, Levar was the managing principal at Vedere Consulting. In that role, he provided outsourced CFO solutions to help business owners optimize their operations and improve cash flow.
Prior to Vedere, he was the Business Services Manager for the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, a community development financial institution. At GJDC, Levar managed their Capital Access Revolving Loan Fund and provided technical assistance to businesses in Southeast Queens.
He has also advised and mentored hundreds of aspiring and active entrepreneurs through his associations with NYC Business Solutions, the Empire State Development Corp., the Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation, and the Community College of Philadelphia. He was also an adjunct lecturer at the City University of New York, York College.
Levar began his career as a financial advisor and has worked with Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase.
● B.S. Business, Management, & Economics, SUNY, Empire State College
● Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning, Boston University
● Vedere Consulting
● Greater Jamaica Development Corporation
● JPMorgan Chase
● Bank of America
● 2020, Board Chair, Spectrum Health Services, Philadelphia
● 2017, Director, Pro Bono Committee, Financial Planning Association of New Yor
● 2016, The Network Journal 40 Under Forty Honoree
● FINRA Series 7, 63, & 65 securities licenses (inactive)
● New York State Insurance Broker (inactive)
● QuickBooks Pro Advisor (inactive)
● Levar is an Enrolled Agent and has provided tax planning services to business owners. An Enrolled Agent is a tax advisor, who is a federally-authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Enrolled Agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax issues that include audits, collections, and appeals.
● Levar has contributed to several business and financial publications including, Black Enterprise, Money, Yahoo Finance, and Financial Planning.
Phone: (404) 413-7830