Business Education/Resilience Specialist
Mr. Lupo joined The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center in Columbus in 2005 as a Business Consultant and was promoted to Area Director for the Columbus office in July of 2012. He earned his undergraduate Bachelors of Science from Auburn University in 1987 and his Masters in Business from Brenau University in 1990. He served with the U.S. Army 5th Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg, NC during the 1980’s as the medical supervisor for an “A” detachment, with a language specialty of Turkish. He served in both the Middle East and Europe and was deployed during Operation Desert Shield/ Desert Storm in 1990 and 1991.
Mr. Lupo had a 20-year history within the healthcare field, working in both clinical and administrative roles, primarily in the perioperative and home health arena. Mr. Lupo and his wife owned two Thomas Kinkade art galleries from 1999-2004, where Mr. Lupo was involved with the day to day operations of the two-gallery business. He currently also serves as President and CEO of Lupo Properties, Inc., a real estate investment company started in 2001, specializing in renting single-family homes in the Columbus, GA/Phenix City, AL area.
Mr. Lupo is a recipient of the 2012 and 2016 Flewellen Award for Consulting Excellence for the University of Georgia SBDC network. This recognition is given out to the top UGA SBDC consultants in the state of Georgia each year. He recently obtained his Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) certification, accredited through the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), having become a Certified Business Continuity Professional through DRII in 2009. Mr. Lupo specializes in assisting businesses in developing emergency preparedness and business continuity plans. He has a passion for working with entrepreneurs and small businesses, helping others successfully identify the path, and the resources needed to develop a successful, profitable, and prepared business.
- MA, JEFFERSON COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY (Law Enforcement)
- MBA, BRENAU COLLEGE (Business Administration)
- BS, AUBURN UNIVERSITY (Nursing)
- Master Business Continuity Professional Certification: Completed certification course through the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) and passed the national Master Case Study exam to obtain the Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) certification. The MBCP certification process requires both the passage of the Master Case Study exam and the successful documentation of at least five years proficiency in seven of ten professional practice areas within the business continuity field. Has been certified as a CBCP with DRII since 2009.
- Flewellen Award for Consulting Excellence, UGA SBDC, 2012, 2016
- Promoted to Public Service Associate, The University of Georgia, in 2012
- Jefferson County Law Enforcement Academy, Graduated in 2011, APOST certified law enforcement officer, Served as Class President, Reserve Session 16, 2010-2011| Awarded the Directors Award and the Physical Fitness Award
- Earned the Certified Business Continuity Professional certification (CBCP) by the Disaster Recovery Institute International in 2009
- THE NEED FOR SMALL BUSINESS, BUSINESS CONTINUITY. Sep 2009 on The Disaster Recovery Journal
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Instructor
- Deputy Coordinator, County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Deputy program, Alabama
- Chattahoochee Valley Citizen’s Corps, Executive Committee
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College, Advisory Committee
- Committed Rotarian of 13 years with the Rotary Club of Columbus (The Downtown Club) 1980 through 1984 – Special Forces Medic, 1st of the 5th, U.S. Army, 5th Special Forces Group: Served as Medical Supervisor, “A” Team, with 5th Special Forces Group, stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. Graduated DLI at the Presidio of Monterey, CA, with a language specialty of Turkish. Served in the Middle East and Europe. Accepted commission in 1989 into the U.S. Army Reserve and was activated and deployed to the Middle East in Operation Desert Shield/ Desert Storm. Served in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq.
Phone: (706) 569-2651