Consultant, Rome Office
Nora Guzman serves as a business consultant for the UGA SBDC in Rome. She has a diverse background with extensive experience in management, human resources, manufacturing, quality assurance and accounting/tax planning. Prior to joining the UGA SBDC, Nora worked for a Fortune 500 manufacturing company, an international software education company, and her own consulting firm.
Nora was born in Michoacán, Mexico and moved to North Georgia at age 12. She attended high school in Rome and received her undergraduate and MBA from Shorter University. In 2010, she founded a non-profit entity, Casa Michoacán, with the mission of enhancing the wellbeing of the community through enhancements in infrastructure. Nora is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- MBA (Management), Shorter University
- BS (Business Administration), Shorter University
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Bookkeeping, American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- University of Georgia Immigration Law Certificate
- UGA SBDC (Business Consultant)
- NG Consulting, LLC (Owner CEO)
- Shaw Industries (Training Manager )
- Wolters Kluwer (Tax and Accounting)
- Developed first Spanish language AIPB bookkeeping certification course for Wolters Kluwer.
- Concept development, launch, and funding of a non-profit which funded infrastructure projects in Michoacán, Mexico.
- “20 Under 40” in Rome Life Magazine (2016)
Phone: (706) 622-2006