Nora serves as a business consultant for the UGA SBDC in Rome. She has a diverse background with extensive experience in management, human resources, manufacturing, quality assurance, and accounting/tax planning. Prior to joining the SBDC, Nora worked for a fortune 500 manufacturing company, an international software/education company, and operated her own consulting firm.
Nora was born in Michoacán, Mexico but moved to North Georgia at age 12. She attended high school in Rome and received her undergraduate and MBA from Shorter University. When not at work, Nora continues to pursue her passion for helping others. In 2010, she founded a non-profit entity, Casa Michoacán, with the mission of enhancing the wellbeing of the community through enhancements in infrastructure. Nora is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- MBA, Shorter University (Management)
- BS, Shorter University (Business Administration)
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Bookkeeping, American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- Immigration Law Certificate University of Georgia
- UGA SBDC (Business Consultant)
- NG Consulting, LLC (Owner CEO)
- Shaw Industries (Training Manager )
- Wolters Kluwer (Tax and Accounting)
- Coordinated/led product-planning process between product manager, marking and sales departments.
- Developed first Spanish language AIPB bookkeeping certification course for Wolters Kluwer.
- Concept development, launch, and funding of a non-profit which funded infrastructure projects in Michoacán, Mexico.
- 20 under 40 for the Rome Life Magazine in 2016
Phone: (706) 622-2006