Area Director, Rome Office
Richard Montanaro brings more than 20 years of experience as a senior executive to his role as an UGA SBDC area director. His industry experience includes textile and apparel manufacturing, specialty chemical manufacturing, and investment banking/consulting with responsibility for facilities and relationships in the U.S., Mexico, Central America and Caribbean, Spain, South America and China.
Richard grew up in North Georgia attending high school in Dalton, receiving his undergraduate from Berry College and his MBA from Kennesaw State University. Richard speaks both English and Spanish fluently and is learning Brazilian Portuguese.
- MBA (Marketing), Kennesaw State University
- BS (Internal Auditing), Berry College
- The Catamount Group (Managing Director)
- CPC Chemical Holdings (President)
- Oracle Beauty Brands (CEO)
- Astro Dye Works (President and CEO)
- Business / Strategic Planning & Launch $23 million in sales growth attained by developing and rolling out a product concept / model and marketing plan to penetrate the automotive textile segment, driving EBITDA from $250,000 to $7+million.
- P&L / Budget Accountability Reduced losses by $150,000 and off-quality production by 30% for platform company by identifying internal accounting problems and implementing changes across accounting information systems and manufacturing practices.
- Turnaround / Cashflow Management Negotiated forbearance from senior lenders by improving cash flows by $150,000 and quality of receivables using credit insurance to prevent shutdown of operations and increase available credit under existing agreement.
- M&A Due-Diligence & Negotiations Sales price of 5 1/2 times EBIDTA for 60-unit restaurant franchise realized by preparing memorandum and identifying potential buyers to successfully market and sell distressed asset on behalf of client in an accelerated timeframe.
- New Market Development $500,000 licensing deal with large medical/surgical textile manufacturer secured by demonstrating 33% reduction in drying time representing $300,000 savings per customers laundry facility.
- Developed and leveraged key relationship with FIDE Honduras to consult on $100+ million in transactions
- Led Joint Team consisting of senior members of the Catamount Group and BAC & Asociados for development of interests in Guatemala, Ecuador, and Peru
- Member of The Young Presidents Organizational (Southern 7 Chapter)
- Calhoun Optimist Club (President)
- Leadership Calhoun and Gordon County Program Graduate