Albany Office, Consultant
Tom Harrison has spent over 35-years in various roles within the accounting and finance professions. He began his career practicing as a Certified Public Accountant with international accounting firms; his last role as an audit manager for, what is today, PriceWaterhouse Coopers (PWC). After obtaining his Master of Business Administration and his Chartered Financial Analyst designation, Tom spent 27-years in the institutional investment management business in various roles including research analyst, portfolio manager, sales and marketing, client service, and as President of his own firm. Tom possesses a unique blend of business and technical understanding while developing a means to effectively communicate technical business issues effectively and clearly.
Tom retired from the investment industry in 2015 just in time to follow his wife, Diane in her pursuit of her career pinnacle role in Americus, Georgia. Since arriving, he has been providing financial consulting to local businesses, first as Harrison Consulting and, in 2021 with the Small Business Development Center.
- B.S. Accounting, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- M.B.A. Finance, Fogelman School of Business, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Studied Creative Writing at Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Harrison Consulting, LLC, Americus, GA
- President, BME Investment Partners, Atlanta, GA
- Various Roles, Institutional Investment Management Firms – Memphis, TN, Washington DC, Los Angeles, CA and Atlanta, GA
- Chief Investment Officer, City of Memphis Pension Fund, Memphis, TN
- Auditor, International Public Accounting Firms – Alaska and Memphis, TN
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (inactive)
- Grew exponential revenue growth with each sales and marketing role.