- BA, TIFT COLLEGE/MERCER UNIVERSITY (Business Administration)
- MBA, CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY (Supply Chain Management)
Alisa Kirk is the Area Director with the Clayton State University SBDC. Alisa’s background includes experience working with the federal and state governments and small and large businesses in management, budgeting, and database management. At the SBDC, Alisa works to help businesses grow and improve their financial health through revenue projections and financial analysis. She uses break-even and return-on-investment analyses to help business owners make more informed decisions. Alisa also specializes in green business. She can help a business improve its bottom line through energy and resource optimization, process analysis, and environmental plan strategy, and knows that developing a viable environmental strategy can open up new contracting opportunities for business and reduce regulatory risk.
- CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY (Center for Instructional Development)
- 2012 Dr. William C. Flewellen, Jr. Award for Consulting Excellence
- 2009 SBDC Continuing Education Program of the Year Award for “Marketing with Social Media.”
- 2009 MBA Award, Clayton State University.
- In areas of expertise (Sustainability, Marketing with Technology, and Persuasive Communication), taught two college-level classes, presented research at a national conference, delivered four national conference presentations, and created videos and tools for state-wide SBDC use.
- Also published articles in numerous local magazines, including We Are Clayton and Fayette Woman, and newspapers.
- VIDEO: IT’S NOT JUST FOR ADVERTISING. Jul 2013 on Savannah Morning News
- BACK TO BASICS: RE-EXAMINING SMALL BUSINESS STRATEGY. Nov 2012 on Business in Savannah
- USING DIGITAL MEASURES TO OPTIMIZE ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT REPORTING PURPOSES. Feb 2011 on Proceedings of Southeast Decision Sciences Institute 2011 Conference
- IS IT TIME TO GREEN YOUR BUSINESS May 2010 on Georgia Trend
- Adjunct Professor, Clayton State University MBA Program; revised and co-taught Communications and Leadership.
- At the request of the Dean of the CSU College of Business, developed and taught green business course, “Going Green & Global.”
- Has developed and taught four new continuing education courses, “Green Strategies for Your Small Business,” “Hot Tips & Cool Tools for Online Marketing,” “Online Marketing: Links, Likes, & Friends,” and “Finding & Refining Competitive Advantage”, “Games, Stories, & Pictures: Play to Learn.”
- Invited speaker at numerous state, regional, and local events on topics including persuasive communication, videos for business, and marketing technology.
- Serves on several economic development task forces and advisory boards.
- Clayton State University’s SBDC team uses creative and cross-functional methodologies to assist small business owners with strategic planning, change management, and corporate story mapping.