Department: Consultant, Legal/Compliance, Managing a Business, Minority/Women, Planning Your Business
Bart’s expertise spans strategic planning, sales operations, business process improvement, B2B partner ecosystems, and M&A. He’s entrepreneurial-minded with management and project experience at VC-funded technology startups and large enterprises, coupled with public service in regulatory compliance. He’s garnered over 16 years of experience in legal counsel and business risk mitigation. Bart’s worked with several firms in Silicon Valley CA including Hewett-Packard in Palo Alto and Sunnyvale, and start-up ventures in Georgia, North Carolina, and overseas.
Bart’s also experienced in change management leveraging metrics-driven TQM and Lean concepts: root cause analysis, cross-functional team collaboration, design and deployment, organizational development needs-analysis, communication strategies, and performance measurement. He’s a Certified Manager of Quality /Organizational Excellence by the American Society for Quality.
- MBA, WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY (Information Technology Management & E-commerce)
- JD, NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL UNIVERSITY (Law, Cum Laude)
- BS, NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY (Economics, Ag. Economics, minor in Environmental Science)
- Director, Business Operations at Hewlett-Packard (HP cloud services)
- Business Operations at PDCPC (family dental practice); Consultant (new ventures)
- Interim Director, Corporate Development at JRG (tech start-up)
- Director, Corporate Development at Pivia (tech start-up)
- Interim Director, Corporate Development at Crossweave (tech start-up)
- Assistant Attorney General at NCDOJ (environmental protection)
- Legal Intern, Office of the General Counsel at Duke Power (now Duke Energy)
- Industrial Trainee at Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (environmental dept.)
- Certified Manager of Quality /Organizational Excellence, American Society for Quality, 2016.
- Licensed legal counsel: State bars of Georgia, 2015, California, 2009, and North Carolina, 1996.
- State case law – published NC court decision – constitutionality of a county noise regulation ordinance. State v. Taylor, 128 NC App 616. (Appellant, Bart Njoku-Obi on behalf of the NC Attorney General.)
- Bart has in-depth finance and P&L experience having worked with businesses at various life cycle stages: seed (formation, funding), startup (sales operations, cash flow management, commercial transactions), growth (process automation /scalability, partner ecosystems), and expansion /exit (mezzanine financing, competitive analysis, M&A, windup).
- Former NC assistant attorney general in environmental protection. Extensive experience in regulatory analysis, compliance reviews, litigation management, and negotiations.
- Bart offers a global perspective, having lived or worked in multiple states and overseas.