- MBA, GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY (Marketing)
- BBA, UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA (Marketing)
- AA, OXFORD COLLEGE OF EMORY UNIVERSITY (Business Administration)
Drew Tonsmeire serves as the Area Director with the University of Georgia SBDC at Kennesaw State University. In 2014, the KSU SBDC was recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as the Southeastern United States winner of the SBDC Excellence and Innovation Award, (similar to the Small Business of the Year award).
With more than twenty-one years’ experience within the UGA SBDC organization, his consulting expertise in strategic marketing, financial packaging, and overall business management has impacted thousands of business owners. His background includes service as President and CEO of a local Chamber of Commerce, as well as, experience in retail, manufacturing, and service environments.
Drew is also a certified instructor for Google, eBay University, and GrowSmart. Mr. Tonsmeire was a recipient for the 2014 Best Continuing Education Program and the 2011 Project of the Year Award for his team contributions in digital marketing training and consulting initiatives. Drew was also recognized as the 2004 Consultant of the Year by the UGA SBDC. He serves as Chair for America’s SBDC conference, which brings together over 1500 SBDC professionals from across the United States for advanced training annually.
- CARTERSVILLE-BARTOW COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (President & CEO)
- Certified Google Small Business Trainer
- Certified eBay Education Specialist
- GrowSmart Facilitator
- FastTrac Facilitator
- UGA SBDC Consultant of the Year 2004
- America’s SBDC State Star 2005
- UGA SBDC Project of the Year Winner 2011
- UGA SBDC Best Continuing Education Winner 2014
- Chair, America’s SBDC Professional Development and Conference Committee
- Kennesaw State University Economic Development Committee
- Cobb County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Cobb Competitive Edge Seed 2 Committee Member