- M.B.A, BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, BINGHAMTON, NY (Marketing)
- B.S., BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, BINGHAMTON, NY (Leadership and Organization Studies)
Ms. Katz has over 15 years’ experience in product marketing and business development for both large corporations and small business. She has worked in several industries including insurance, apparel, electronic manufacturing and software development. She has helped develop, price and bring to market new products for companies such as Motorola, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco, IBM, Citi-Group and Levi’s. In the second part of her career she has worked with small start-up companies implementing business development and marketing plans. After relocating to Georgia with her family, in 2011 Ms. Katz joined the University of Georgia’s Small Business Development Center as a consultant. She enjoys utilizing her education and work experience to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
- PEACHMAC DIGITAL, LLC (Vice President SMB Sales)
- FINGER LAKES ENGINEERING (Director Business Development)
- AMPHENOL INTERCONNECTS CORP. (Product Marketing Manager)
- PAXAR CORP. (Marketing Manager)
- Magna Cum Laude, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 1992
- “2013 New Faculty Bus Tour,” nominated and selected to attend the University of Georgia, five day tour of the state of Georgia; August 2013
- STEPS TO TAKE WHEN NAMING A BUSINESS – Jul 2013 on Athens Banner Herald, Sunday
- TEN TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS NETWORKING – May 2013 on BIS Business in Savannah, Savannah Morning News
- TEN TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS NETWORKING – Mar 2013 on Athens Banner Herald, Sunday
- SIX BEST HIRING PRACTICES THAT MAKE SENSE – Jan 2012 on Georgia Trend Small Business Guide
- Program Lead, “Women’s Business Expo,” Athens SBDC, full day program for 50+ women business owners with speakers, luncheon, and booths. November 30, 2012; lead role on program development based upon attendee research and organization of day’s activities.
- Invited Speaker, “Medical Practice Marketing Strategies,” developed and facilitated 2 hour program, to residents of the Mercer Medical School Practice Management Rotation program; May 2013.
- Invited Speaker, “Organizational Strategies to Enhance Work/Life Balance” developed, presented and facilitated exercises for a 1-1/2 hour program to 26 women business owners at Valdosta State University SBDC Women’s Symposium; November 2011.
- Committee Chair, “Annual Consultant’s Training 2013” for the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center statewide training conference. Over-all development and management of 6 person committee to put on 3 day statewide training conference; June 2012-May 2013.