Mark returned to the University of Georgia in 2013 to pursue a PhD in Higher Education and work at the University of Georgia’s Small Business Development Center. In 2017, he joined the state office full-time, serving as assistant to the director and managing several state-level projects. He supports the SBDC as liaison to student programs, HR, and advancement on campus as well as assisting with research and assessment projects.
- PhD Higher Education, University of Georgia, Athens, GA (expected completion, December 2018)
- MA Religion, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- BA English, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Assistant to the Director, University of Georgia’s Small Business Development Center, Athens, GA (2017-present)
- Instructor of Religion, Georgia Gwinnett College, Lawrenceville, GA (2011-2017)
- Instructor, University of Georgia, Athens GA (2010-2012)
- As a PhD candidate, Mark’s research focuses on finance and innovation at Christian colleges and universities. Prior to joining the SBDC, he taught courses in religion at the University of Georgia and Georgia Gwinnett College