Department: Athens Office, Consultant, Growing a Business, Managing a Business
Michael Myers joined the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Athens Area Office< on October 1, 2015. Before joining the SBDC, Michael was a C-Level executive in the retail industry for 23 years and has owned his own Contract Consulting firm. Michael has extensive knowledge in the area of franchising, being both a Franchisor and Franchisee. A native of Kansas City, Mo, Michael and his wife Debbie own and operate a small franchised business in the Athens Area.
- BSBA – Financial Management – University of Northern Colorado
- MBA – Management – University of Phoenix
- Vice President of Operations – Luxottica – Sears Optical North America – day-today operations of 700+ Retail Optical and Optometrist offices located in within and Sears retail location.
- Vice President Operations – Solantic Urgent Care managing he day-to-day operations of 35 Urgent Care Centers in the State of Florida
- President and COO – Back Yard Burgers, Inc. – Michael lead the successful turnaround and subsequent sale of this Publicly traded Restaurant Company.
- Michael has earned the “Food Management Professional” certification form the National Restaurant Association.
- “Restaurant Finance Monitor” – top Performing Restaurant Stock of the year – 2002.