- MBA, KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY (Marketing)
- BS, BERRY COLLEGE (Internal Auditing)
Richard MontanaroArea Director
Department: Accounting & Finance, Consultant, Espanol, Growing a Business, Managing a Business, Marketing, Rome Office
Mr. Montanaro brings more than 20 years of experience as a senior executive to his role as an SBDC area director. Montanaro’s industry experience includes textile and apparel manufacturing, specialty chemical manufacturing, and investment banking/consulting with responsibility for facilities and relationships in the US, Mexico, Central America/Caribbean, Spain, Northern South America and China.
Mr. Montanaro grew up in North Georgia attending high school in Dalton, receiving his undergraduate from Berry College in Rome, GA and receiving his MBA from Kennesaw State University. While Richard has spent the last several years working across the United States and internationally, he has always maintained his home in North Georgia. Mr. Montanaro speaks both English and Spanish fluently and is learning Brazilian Portuguese.
- THE CATAMOUNT GROUP, LLC (Managing Director)
- CPC CHEMICAL HOLDINGS, LLC (President)
- ORACLE BEAUTY BRANDS, LLC (CEO)
- ASTRO DYE WORKS, INC (President and CEO)
- Business / Strategic Planning & Launch $23 million in sales growth attained by developing and rolling out a product concept / model and marketing plan to penetrate the automotive textile segment, driving EBITDA from $250,000 to $7+million.
- P&L / Budget Accountability Reduced losses by $150,000 and off-quality production by 30% for platform company by identifying internal accounting problems and implementing changes across accounting information systems and manufacturing practices.
- Turnaround / Cashflow Management Negotiated forbearance from senior lenders by improving cash flows by $150,000 and quality of receivables using credit insurance to prevent shutdown of operations and increase available credit under existing agreement.
- M&A Due-Diligence & Negotiations Sales price of 5 1/2 times EBIDTA for 60-unit restaurant franchise realized by preparing memorandum and identifying potential buyers to successfully market and sell distressed asset on behalf of client in an accelerated timeframe.
- New Market Development $500,000 licensing deal with large medical/surgical textile manufacturer secured by demonstrating 33% reduction in drying time representing $300,000 savings per customers laundry facility.
- Developed and Leveraged key relationship with FIDE Honduras to consult on $100+ million in transactions, including major call center, chemical manufacturing, gypsum board manufacturing, and major resort development projects.
- Led Joint Team consisting of senior members of the Catamount Group and BAC & Asociados for development of interests in Guatemala, Ecuador, and Peru.
- Member of The Young Presidents Organizational (Southern 7 Chapter)
- President of Calhoun Optimist Club
- Leadership Calhoun and Gordon County Program Graduate