Debbie Finney 28 years of work experience in the private sector to the SBDC where she now consults with Georgia businesses in the areas of marketing strategies, branding, social media marketing, digital marketing strategies, strategic planning and business management. She has instructed business owners throughout the state on marketing and digital marketing strategy and has presented her program, “Branding – Smart Move for Small Business” nationally.
She started her business career in retail family business, and later opened a second retail business. During her many years in retail, she developed a marketing expertise and strategy that distinguished her two businesses in the market place as the local industry expert. Prior to joining the SBDC, Debbie worked in medical practice management where she was instrumental in opening and managing two medical offices in the Greater Atlanta area. She also has experience in hospital based medical practice management and marketing medical practices. Debbie Finney has also been an instructor of Marketing, Labor Relations, and other business classes at Darton State College.
She holds an MBA, University of Georgia and a BBA, Emory University.
- BBA, EMORY UNIVERSITY (Business with concentration in Finance)
- MBA, UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA TERRY COLLEGE OF BUSINESS (Finance)
- ALBANY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (Small Business Committee)
- ALBANY/DOUGHERTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (Business Retention Committee)
- DOUGHERTY COUNTY ROTARY CLUB
- WOMEN IN NETWORK
- Started and operated a successful retail home décor and gift shop in addition to managing business operations a third generation family business
- QuickBooks Expertise