Kyle Hensel is the former Area Director of the UGA SBDC at Savannah and the current Director of Continuing Education at the State Office. He received his BBA in Marketing as well as his MBA from Georgia Southern University. Prior to joining the SBDC, Kyle Hensel held various management positions within the retail industry including Wal-Mart and several other large and small retailers. He also was an instructor at Georgia Southern University where he taught courses in the areas of marketing, retailing, and management. He also has consulted with many for profit and not for profit companies and associations. While with the SBDC, he created the popular small business series Maximum Marketing which teaches small business owners how to be innovative, and was the co-creator of Maximum Contact which shows business owners how to use technology to drive their sales. In 2009 he was named the University of Georgia SBDC “Consultant of the Year.” In 2010, the Association of Small Business development Centers (ASBDC) named him the State Star of Georgia. His interests are in the areas of marketing, advertising, market research, digital media and logistics.
- MBA, GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY (Business Administration)
- BBA, GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY (Marketing: With Emphasis in Sales and Sales Management)
- 2011 University of Georgia SBDC Program of the Year
- 2010 ASBDC State Star of Georgia
- 2009 University of Georgia SBDC Consultant of the Year
- 2009 University of Georgia SBDC Continuing Education Program of the Year
- 2008 University of Georgia SBDC Program of the Year
- Georgia Southern University Sales Center Advisory Board
- While with the SBDC, he created the popular small business series Maximum Marketing which teaches small business owners how to be innovative, and was the co-creator of Maximum Contact which shows business owners how to use technology to drive their sales. He is also involved in research, where he has co-authored many articles for publication in such journals as The Journal for the Advancement of Marketing Education, Entrepreneurial Executive, and the Southern Business Review. Mr. Hensel also is asked to speak nationwide at conferences and events on the subjects of marketing, digital marketing, and website analysis.