Peter Williams provides business consulting services to businesses in Middle Georgia. Prior to joining the SBDC in 2013, Mr. Williams owned and operated for eleven years a corporate finance consulting firm advising business owners on mergers and acquisitions, business valuation, capital formation and allocation, and other financial issues. His firm was selected as a strategic partner to one of the largest networks of independent accounting firms in the world and maintained that distinction for 5 years.
Mr. Williams previously served as Chief Financial Officer of an Internet start-up, a principal of a private equity investment firm, and an analyst and manager in the investment management divisions of two insurance companies. He also has served as an adjunct instructor at Georgia Perimeter College.
Mr. Williams’ consulting and investment experience includes companies engaged in manufacturing, distribution, retail, commercial and consumer finance, consumer products, food processing, homebuilding, and media. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst and has served as a Director of manufacturing and publishing companies.
Peter’s areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions; business planning and valuations; corporate financial management and business case analysis; capital formation, allocation, and return analysis; and referral-based marketing.
- CFA, CFA INSTITUTE (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- MBA, EMORY UNIVERSITY (Finance, Accounting)
- BA, RIPON COLLEGE (Economics, English)
- FAIRVIEW CAPITAL ADVISORS (Founded middle market investment banking firm. Provide M&A, business valuation, and strategic financial consulting services to business owners.)
- VIRTUAL ADVISORS (Served as CFO; also led business development efforts for this startup, web-based M&A/business valuation advisory firm)
- RIVER CAPITAL (Team raised $50 million P/E fund; led corporate development/M&A for portfolio companies)
- CONFEDERATION LIFE & METLIFE (Led new private placement investments and managed private placement portfolio)
- Consulting firm was selected as strategic partner to one of the largest networks of independent accounting firms in the world
- Led private placement investments for major life insurance company totaling over $450 million
- Member of team that successfully raised proprietary, $50 million private equity fund
- Director, Brighter Tomorrows Foundation
- Member, Decatur High School Counseling Department Advisory Committee