Owning your own business is the American dream. Building it to withstand the test of time requires a unique set of tools. SBDC StartSmart™ provides the resources, support, and motivation to put your dream within reach.
SBDC StartSmart™ provides the tools to:
- Evaluate your concept and develop plans to move forward.
- Improve knowledge of business fundamentals.
- Build an infrastructure for business operations and processes.
SBDC StartSmart™ graduates acquire:
- An actionable business plan.
- Access to financial and business resources.
- A network of entrepreneurial peers and professionals.
In this multi-session program, learn to plan and analyze your vision by creating a thoroughly researched and tested business plan. All sessions are led by experienced SBDC facilitators who help create a unique and powerful learning experience.
If you can dream it, we can help! Building a business takes the right tools—and a lot of hard work. SBDC StartSmart™ will show you the way.
SBDC StartSmart™ Gets Results:
- Evaluate & refine your business concept
- Improve your knowledge of business concepts
- Research markets and competition
- Develop a financial forecast to improve chances of success
- Develop a thorough, practical business plan
- On-going consulting from SBDC professionals keeps you on track
SBDC StartSmart™ was developed by The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center. The program is facilitated by specially trained SBDC Consultants and utilizes an award winning textbook by renowned author Rhonda Abrams.
Eight modules cover critical issues for new businesses:
- Foundations for a Successful Business
- Marketing Analysis & Research
- Capturing the Market
- Efficient Operations
- Financial Foundations
- Financial Plan
- Bringing It All Together
- Implementing and Presenting the Plan
SBDC StartSmart™ programs include 24 hours of instruction delivered over a period of several weeks. Schedules may be one three hour module per week, two modules per week (full day session including lunch) or a combination of full and half days. Check your preferred location for details.
On Your Mark, Get Set. . . Grow!
Designed specifically for new business owners and serious entrepreneurs ready to start a business, SBDC StartSmart provides the resources and support to put your dreams within reach. StartSmart will help you build a business for today’s challenging times! To get the ball rolling, please complete an application or contact your local SBDC office.