It is not uncommon for small business owners to get so wrapped up in the day to day operations of the business that they forget to take the time to really evaluate the direction of the company. Is the business on track to meet it’s financial goals? Is the mission statement still relevant or has the company as a whole taken a turn? Has the target market changed in any way and what is the best medium to reach our customer? These are just some of the very important questions small business owners should take the time to reflect on periodically. Whether in business two years or twenty years, many small business owners find that they become so busy working IN the business that they neglect to work ON the business.
GrowSMART is a program designed by the UGA Small Business Development Center to fill this need in growing businesses. This facilitated training provides the latest business concepts as well as timeless principals in an environment that encourages learning from other business owners who have similar experiences. Stable business growth requires a plan and this program offers the ability to create a solid foundation to build on. UGA SBDC training has helped thousands of business owners build this foundation and GrowSMART is the product of our experience and commitment to Georgia’s small businesses.
This program gets results! In full day weekly sessions, learn to analyze and manage your business like a seasoned CEO.
- 35 hours of class time covering all areas of business operation
- Evaluate your business, competition, and target markets
- Hands-on, interactive program promotes sharing of best practices
- Expert speakers add insights to the topic of the day
- Step-by-step development of your company’s strategies for growth
If your business is ready for growth, GrowSMART will give you the tools and strategies to reach your goals. Combined with long-term one-on-one consulting with SBDC professionals, learn to apply course principals and build a business for today’s challenging times.
The UGA SBDC in Albany will be offering GrowSMART this year for business in the South West Georgia Area. Dates for the program are Thursdays, beginning on September 14.
- Sept 14 – Planning for Growth
- Sept 21 – Marketing: Research, Planning & Implementation
- Sept 28 – Leadership and Management
- Oct 5 – Financial Analysis, Tools & Resources
- Oct 12 – Operations & Implementing Your Plan
Applications for the program are accepted online and in the office. This program is designed for businesses that have been operating for at least 2 years and have minimum revenues of $300, 000.