Around metro-Atlanta and throughout the state, film and television production is booming. If you want to learn more about the biz and how it works, this workshop is for YOU!
Join Lorna Wilson, 15-year industry veteran and former Director of Operations of Rainforest Films, as she breaks down the basic components of the film business and shares her experience of working behind-the-scenes of successful films such as: OBSESSED, TAKERS, THINK LIKE A MAN, and RIDE ALONG.
Take this class to get a better understanding of how the industry is structured, an idea of the kinds of business and career opportunities that exist, and an inside scoop to help you decide if you want to get in the game (or not).
Topics of discussion:
- Differences between studio and indie film productions
- The development process and how projects get started
- Script writing, pitching and options
- Budgeting and Financing
- Key players, departments and crew positions
- Key activities during the primary phases of filmmaking
- Indie distribution and film festivals
- Networking and training opportunities