And in case you want to read the process in a format other than an infograph, you can find the steps depicted below:
Step 1: CONTACT SBDC
- Contact your local office to speak to a staff member who will assist with any questions you have, as well as help you get started.
Step 2: LEARN ABOUT US
- Before we get started, we want you to learn about us to ensure that the SBDC is the right resource for you.
Step 3: POSSIBLE BDQ
- Your local office may ask you to complete a Business Development Questionnaire to see what stage your business is in. (Not required in all offices)
Step 4: MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- Schedule an appointment to meet with your assigned consultant.
Step 5: MEET CONSULTANT
- Your consultant will discuss your business’ status and help create a plan of action that best fits your needs.
Step 6: PLAN OF ACTION
- This is where you start completing the recommended tasks in your plan. It may take some time to see actual progress.
Step 7: GET TRAINING
- Whether it’s a training course or consultant mentoring, the SBDC will help educate and provide resources to manage your business.
Step 8: MEET GOALS
- After you’ve completed your initial tasks and training, continue to meet and work with your consultant for even more business growth!