The UGA SBDC in Macon and Macon Magazine have partnered to present the first-ever Women of Business conference. This daylong virtual event, designed for the local business community, is packed with pro-tips, small business resources, personal and professional experiences.
Gain small business insight, share executive expertise, and block your day for connecting with a diverse network of businesswomen from all ages and stages of success. The conference will include multiple panels of Central Georgia businesswomen who are crushing their careers, leveling the playing field, and making a difference, despite 2020’s disruptions. Other sessions include deep dives into finance and funding, strategic marketing, and the power of sharing your success story.
Business is not as usual, but we’re here to lean on, learn from and lead each other — going the distance, even when we’re socially distant.
Women of Business Disruptor Panels Include:
Making Room in Male-Dominated Industries: Women of Business Crushing It!
Business usually does not deter these disruptors from going the distance! Neither does working in professions where males have traditionally dominated their workforce. Learn expert advice from a panel of Macon businesswomen who are breaking glass ceilings and crushing their careers. They are disrupting the industries of Technology, Rescue Operations, Landscape, and the Judicial Realm, where they serve as the women in charge.
Diversifying Your Ages and Stages of Business: Multi-Generational Moguls Crushing It!
Age is nothing but a number for women of business, and these Macon moguls know their numbers! Learn from a cross-section women business owners of multiple generations and multiple business ventures, who are sharing their experiences in discovering their driving force, building their business and brand, growing their assets and diversifying their products and services to meet the multi-faceted needs of their customers and clients, who also come from all ages and stages of life.
What to expect from this event:
- Dynamic speakers will discuss topics related to leadership, leaving you with concrete ways to be a better leader in all aspects of your life.
- Hear the challenges they faced in these male-dominated fields and how they overcame them. And what you can do to enhance your business and personal life.
- Insights from like-minded successful women to help you grow and develop your business strategy.
- Engaging conversations about business and personal finances.
- The importance of marketing strategically and what you can do especially during these times.
- The power of your story and how to make yours compelling.
- and much more!
Plan now to join your peers at this premier event for women in business!
All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.